- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Full time
Principal Data Modeller/Data Architect
Schroders are looking for a relational and object data modeller to work in our centralised data modelling service across all asset classes. You will maintain Schroders wide logical group data model, work with developers of data masters to generate artefacts and ensure best practice.
This is a position for an experienced relational and object data modeller who has previously worked in the financial services inductry.
The successful candidate will join a small team that provides a centralised data modelling service across all asset classes and business divisions within Schroders.
The data modelling service includes:
• Working with representatives from the business in order to maintain Schroders enterprise wide logical Group Data Model (mastered in the Eclipse Modelling Framework) and Glossary (mastered in Neo4J).
• Working with the developers of data masters to generate artefacts such as XML, DDL and APIs.
• Working with developers and business representatives on the future development of the Schroders Group Data Warehouse (mastered in Azure).
• Working as part of the Schroders Global Technology Architecture Team to ensure best practice is followed.
• The applicant must have good interpersonal skills.
• The applicant must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• The applicant should have at least 5 years experience in the financial management industry.
• The applicant should have experience of using Unified Modelling Language.
• The applicant should have experience of building data warehouses.
• The applicant should be reasonably proficient in SQL.
• The applicant should have experience of generating code, including APIs, from a data model.
• Ideally the applicant should be reasonably proficient in Cypher.
• Ideally the applicant should have experience of using the Eclipse Modelling Framework.
• Ideally the applicant should have experience of using Powerdesigner.
• Ideally the applicant should have experience of using the public cloud.
• Ideally the applicant will have some experience in dimensional data modelling.
• Ideally the applicant will have some experience developing ETL.