Privacy Engineering Associate - Regulatory & Control
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Privacy Engineering team is a part of the Goldman Sachs Core Engineering. The Privacy Office aims to preserve and enhance the firm's collective capability to protect personal information through coordination of engineering efforts to implement privacy by design and security and enabling divisions to implement processes and procedures designed to uphold data protection and privacy principles. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- We are seeking a candidate with excellent analytical, communication and co-ordination skills to support the Regulatory Control function within the Privacy Office.
- The role creates the opportunity for an individual to help build and execute centralized processes to achieve a globally consistent privacy program. This role will involve strong communication skills as will require building partnerships with teams and other stakeholders in engineering and all businesses
- The role will also include;
- Support of the centralized privacy program, with the flexibility to work on other global privacy initiatives as needed (e.g. programs supporting compliance with GDPR, India data protection obligations)
- Preparing materials and helping to coordinate working groups and steering groups related to privacy (e.g. to review new activities)
- Working closely with the firm's federated privacy governance framework and key senior stakeholders in Privacy Legal, Consumer Compliance, plus other areas with high concentrations of personal information
- Production of status reports, dashboards or presentations for senior management
- Creation of firmwide training opportunities, and delivery of training to new staff involved in privacy governance
- Monitoring central privacy mailboxes that may receive data subject requests
- Logging, routing and where necessary, assisting the fulfillment of data subject requests (e.g. under the conditions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) etc)
- Conducting data protection impact assessments and tracking commitments to conclusion
- Compilation and collection of operational and risk metrics related to privacy
- Work closely with engineering teams on requirements, plus delivery and testing of automated solutions to replace manual privacy processes
- Monitor the impact of the data breach to the impacted divisions and the firm
- Initiate incident post mortem (if needed), remediation and other follow-up actions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or international equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience within the financial services industry
- Experienced at supporting enterprise wide programs and delivery
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team and collaboration oriented environment
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow through skills.
- Strong analytical, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Knowledge of Information Governance principles
- Interest and experience in Privacy as a subject matter
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity