Here at GoCardless, we're building the world's bank payment network. Bringing simple and secure direct bank payment solutions for people and businesses everywhere, as well as making open banking more accessible. GoCardless is used by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion of payments across 30 countries.
We're an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris, Melbourne and New York.
You will be part of our Risk function, whose mission is to ensure we build a trusted payments network - both a defensive and offensive role, no matter whether you're in the legal, compliance, risk or external affairs teams.
At GC we're approaching Risk in financial services in a new way. We don't do box-ticking, or employ an army of naysayers, we:
- Build trusted foundations - we build & operate core capabilities to understand & manage risk today, in a way that is measurable and that scales efficiently tomorrow.
- Deliver the runway - we work collaboratively & proactively to shape and deliver trusted products that underpin our strategy.
- Power commercial growth - we enable commercial success by delivering low-friction experiences for all stakeholders, and getting deals done efficiently.
This role is part of the Enterprise Risk team. You'll join a small but mighty team of experts who advise the company on privacy, security and resiliency risk, manage supplier risk, handle our certifications and assurance, and run our enterprise and operational risk management programmes.
What experience are we looking for? The role
This role is maternity cover for our Senior Manager, Incident Response. You'll lead the incident management programme that helps us achieve our Risk mission. This includes a team of both dedicated and volunteer incident response managers.
The role will involve:
- Creating, running and improving the processes that keep our incident management programme on track, coordinating the efforts of team members focused on fixing the problem, preventing further harm and learning from incidents.
- Defining and tracking meaningful incident metrics, and communicating them in a way that helps us understand our risk profile.
- Operating and improving best-in-class incident management tools.
- Being a champion for risk in the company, promoting a culture of proactive risk management, help embed it into our operating model, and communicate frequently to ensure enthusiasm, support and progress for enterprise risk management across the organisation.
We're looking for someone who knows what a great incident response programme looks like.
- You know what works to manage incident responders, how incident response feeds into overall enterprise risk management processes, and how the tools work.
- You have experience running major scale incidents to containment and recovery
- You're technology and data-savvy, energised by finding new tools and exploring new data sets to generate meaningful insights.
- You are good at designing and running slick and efficient operational processes and have a mindset for continuous improvement
- You have strong stakeholder management experience, able to keep them informed and engaged with clear communication and concrete objectives.
- You're comfortable working independently, while also being a great collaborator on complex multi-team processes.
- You take a proactive and organised approach, working with teams across the business to get the inputs you need on time.
- You savour a challenge, don't get disheartened easily and drive projects through to completion.
- You are easy to work with, and want to work in a fun, fast-growing and fast-paced company.
Bonus points if:
(some of) The good stuff
- You've previously had an IRM role in a big tech company (FB, Linkedin, Apple, Microsoft, Twitter etc.)
- You have experience at a startup or in a similar-sized, similarly regulated organisation.
- You've managed a programme from the headquarters of a global company with multiple offices worldwide
Life at GoCardless
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - gives you the option to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Learning Budget - lead your own development with an annual learning budget
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days ('GC Fridays')
We're an organisation defined by our values ; We start with why
before we begin any project, to ensure it's aligned with our mission. We act with integrity
, always. We care deeply
about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble
whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work. Diversity & Inclusion
We're building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we're going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of 'GeeCee's' that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We've got a long way to go, but here's how we're doing as of June 2022; Female Employees
- 46% Ethnic background
- 32% Identify as LGBTQIA
- 10% Neurodivergent
We're rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report Sustainability
We're committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition , a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero . We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter , Instagram and LinkedIn .