Product Specialist - Securities Finance
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit UK
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies.
Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to wellinformed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a
host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit Securities Finance product provides global securities lending data to help customers manage securities lending programmes, optimise trading performance and enhance investment decision making.
A product specialist is required to work within the Markit Securities Finance Product Specialist team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable conducting financial analysis, producing research reports and have outstanding Excel skills. The role is client facing and requires a high degree of technical competence.
- Duties and accountabilities
- Maintain and develop existing relationships with custodians, prime brokers and hedge funds
- Leverage market expertise to help sales and account management identifying new business opportunities and provide them with financial knowledge through the overall sales process
- Support news and research production through data analysis, presentations, written reports and SQL scripts
- Create bespoke Excel reports to address unique user requests
Education and experience
- Undergraduate studies in Economics, Finance or Engineering
- Proficient in English and French
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- SQL knowledge preferred
- Prior experience in the financial or tech industry desired but not essential
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Ability to listen, learn quickly and demonstrate initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Focused on delivery
- Must be an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Committed to high quality output
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team
Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.