Production Support Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 20 Jan 18 2018-01-20
Production support analyst
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Vacancy Posting Date = 20/07/2017
Vacancy Closing Date = 17/08/2017
Salary = Competitive
Description of the Business Line or Department
• Based in London, you will join the Production Services team (ITEC/PRD/EMA), which provides IT support functions for the European, Middle-East and African branches of the organisation with 3,000+ users.
• As a permanent member of staff, you will support the users of the Investment Banking Division providing support for post trade users within the global asset execution, clearing and prime brokerage business lines.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• To provide 2nd level Application Support for a wide range of applications working within a global organisation. The successful candidate will need to be energetic, hardworking and willing to take full ownership of issues that arise; ensuring issues are resolved from start to finish. You will be joining an existing team working on tier 1 applications in a fast paced, high pressure environment requiring both individual and collaborative working with other IT and business teams.
Summary of responsibilities
• Troubleshooting/Resolving Application issues.
• Following escalation processes and managing incident and problems at all times.
• Create and maintain documentation on all supported applications, ensuring that knowledge is shared with worldwide teams.
• Working with internal clients on improving processes and procedures
• Involved in service remediation plans with a production stability focus.
• End to end management of specific projects.
• Transfer of knowledge to the rest of the team at all times to ensure follow the sun support
• Liaising with other branches in EMEA/North America/APAC
• Other duties or projects, as assigned
• Dealing with exchanges/vendors on a regular basis
• Upgrading applications, following existing release processes.
• Organise, validate and approve UAT
• Validate all deployments using validation standards
• Ensuring the highest level of service for the above tasks at all times and following escalation process in place.
• Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. Golden rules, security policies and regulatory requirements).
• Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position.
• Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company's Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations.
• Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
• Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
Level of autonomy and authority
• The candidate, although working within a global team, is required to act with a high degree of autonomy. They are expected to engage members of the team in order to deliver activities required of the team. This involves coordination and working with members of the IT department as well as others from various business, infrastructure and external suppliers.
• The candidate may be engaged in project activities to either improve the production service or be engaged with larger teams (typically in house developers) in the handover of projects into live service.
• Degree level qualification in a relevant disciple or equivalent work experience at degree level and above
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral. Ability to communicate complex, technical issues to non-technical staff.
• Ability to work within a 24x5 global team, be able to work with colleagues in different time zones
• Experience of working within a Financial Markets organisation, with solid support experience
• Knowledge of clearing systems/market technology
• Experience working within a high pressure environment
• Technical Experience
• Operating Systems - Windows/Linux skills
• B-Oracle, SQL,Sybase
• Scripting languages – Shell ,Perl, Java, XML, Net, SQL, PL SQL
• Web Tools – IIS, Tomcat, Apache
• Networking – TCP/IP, Http, AS2, MQ, FTPS, SFTP, SOAP
• Middleware – Basic IBM Web Sphere application server
• Clearvision, SWIFT
• French (desirable)
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.