- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Full time
Programme Manager - Client Reporting
Leading a complex global programme, you will focus on the transformation of product reporting, You will be delivery focussed, working on a new tech stack, data strategy, cloud-transition and overall transformation of the product platform. You will have a background financial services, ideally asset management.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we’ve grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
The Capability (Product) Group Lead is responsible for leading a large number of Capability (Product) aligned agile teams as manager of many Capability Leads. These individuals will be outstanding leaders in the principles and practices of Lean-Agile. This is a key role in providing technology leadership and orchestrating Capability (Product) strategy, ownership, team, change, and operations. They have accountability for effective value delivery for the Capabilities under their remit.
• Line management for multiple Capability Leads
• Accountable for financial and operational performance of a group of Capability (Product) teams
• Lead strategic thinking across the Capability (Product) Group from a technology perspective. Ensure alignment with the EA technology vision during prioritisation and throughout delivery through influencing business stakeholders and Capability (Product) Leads
• Support the Capability (Product) Managers and Portfolio Management to ensure that technical and architectural enablers are appropriately prioritised.
• Facilitate Epic Owners in accessing technical expertise to support analysis and sizing of Epics
• Work closely with Epic Owners, Capability (Product) Leads and Capability (Product Owners) to ensure appropriate technical sequencing of change and influence Capability Owner to manage technical dependencies with other GT Capability (Product) teams and shared services
• Actively manage the development of Capability Leads’ skills and experience and identify and nurture future candidates for Capability Lead and Capability Group Lead roles.
General and Technical Skills:
• Experience of managing a large number of teams of software developers
• Experience of leading a team of managers
• Experience of developing the skills and experience of colleagues and more junior team members
• Knowledge and experience of using Agile methodologies, preferably SAFe
• Knowledge and experience of developing technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with board level stakeholders
• Excellent understanding of the business context of the Capabilities
• Ability communicate how the work (features and stories) delivered by the Capability teams contributes to Epics and, ultimately, the strategy of the firm
• Ability to produce and communicate effective and insightful thought leadership on technical and business topics
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
• Excellent understanding of the Asset Management business
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Lean Agile credentials; Certified Safe Agilist (SA) preferred
• Educated to at least undergraduate degree level or equivalent experience
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Inspiring and collaborative leader, model of agile leadership approach
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
• Ability to manage a large team with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and time critical business environment
• Comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Receptive to others' ideas and responds constructively to challenge
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Earn respect from their team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done