- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: GBP70000.00 - GBP77000.00 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
Our client, a major FS institution, is looking for a proactive, ambitious project accountant who possesses strong communciation skills. The role will be concerned with accounting for the various different ongoing projects across the client group, and experience in a similar role is highly preferable, as is prior experience of capitalization. You will act as a key point of contact for finance across the business while interacting with project stakeholders regularly, meaning you must be a confident and clear communicator.
To ensure that the expenditure and capitalization rules for accounting for Projects for all Group Companies is timely, accurate, consistent and well communicated with business stakeholders
To ensure the timely and accurate generation of reports for all Group companies and projects to the monthly POB (Project Oversight Board).
To support this, the post holder will be required to ensure that all numbers produced for the P&L account and where relevant the Balance Sheet are accurate, evidenced and valid.
- Generate the monthly WIP and Projects report and present it to senior management for review.
- Implement and maintain the Balance Sheet control files on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and reconcile accounts for all projects on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and post monthly accrual journals for all companies based on input from HR re contractor costs - liaising with external agencies as required as well as internal project managers
- Investigating incidence of payables delay and invoice queries arising from customers and suppliers.
- Reconciliations for Group entities, focusing on accruals & prepayments and fixed assets.
- Adhoc projects and team support including consolidation.
- Manage cut off control.
- Manage FX Rates control, ensuring that any balances arising are clearly accounted, reported and escalated to Operations and Risk Management where appropriate.
Finance Systems Management
- Own the Finance ledger monitoring of performance.
- Monitor Core System File download into GL; and monitor end of day GL balances and automated reconciliations.
- Review, amend and challenge access rights for all staff;
- Act as an SME for the new system and help train the business and more junior members of the team on using WAX R3, SAP Business One and INFOR DEPM.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors on a regular basis.
- Develop the team in liaison with senior management to ensure that all internal reports are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide ongoing support and training to more junior members of staff across the Finance group.
- Main point of contact for the Group for all queries in relation to projects and balance sheet project accounts.
- Accountant with demonstrable experience in Financial Services or within the IT sector.
- Accustomed to dealing with routine and complex accounting and reporting issues.
- Comfortable with educating and dealing with large scale IT projects and Project Management.
- Project management skills and prior experience in such a role are highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Qualified ICAEW accountant trained within practice, now working in a large global organisation.
- Highly numeric with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Sound commercial judgement.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior managers.
- Good team player with a collaborative style.
- Comfortable with general ledger systems, particularly SAP environments.
- Very good knowledge of controls and processes.
- Must be highly motivated.
- Must be able to work within a team, encourage collaborative behaviours and create an environment that supports continuous learning and improvement.
- Able to provide support and guidance to people at all levels of the Group on a broad range of finance issues.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.