We are looking for a fixed term contractor for an initial 6 month term. A Project Manager who can manage the implementation of a new learning management system combined with a new learning experience platform. Ideally, the recruit will have at least 5 years’ project management experience across learning management systems and learning experience platforms in financial services. Extensive experience across other industries will, however, also be considered.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the project’s working practices comply with internal Change governance procedures and controls.
- To work with key stakeholders to ensure that the assigned project is appropriately agreed, planned, baselined and monitored from a schedule, risk, issue, resource, dependency, supplier and benefits realisation perspective.
- To ensure that the project remains aligned with the strategic roadmap, ensuring that any scope creep is controlled and authorised by the Oversight Group.
- To ensure that key project decisions, changes, actions, meeting attendees, directions are recorded and addressed in the project RAID log.
- To provide regular reporting to the Oversight Group, project SteerCo and project working group.
- To organise and chair meetings to gather requirements and explain/communicate key findings.
- To work with other project managers to ensure that business requirements are documented and appropriately understood.
- To liaise with technical teams across IT and third party suppliers to ensure that business requirements are understood and communicated.
- To coordinate training as required for business teams and internal support functions.
- To support the business team in an ad-hoc manner to implement and embed the new learning management system and the new learning experience platform for a user bank of circa 300 investment managers.
Qualifications / Experience / Attitude:
- Ideally educated to degree level with a 2:1 or above.
- Project management qualifications desirable – preferably Prince2 and Agile.
- At least 5 years of project management experience across learning management systems and learning experience platforms in financial services. Extensive experience across other industries will, however, also be considered.
- Technical experience of the end-to-end software development life cycle.
- Engaging persona with a proactive and can-do attitude.