Project Manager - MarTech and Distribution
Bring innovation to life for investors everywhere
At Vanguard we innovate for the good of our investors. You can help us change the way the world invests-from methodology to mechanics. As a Project Manager - MarTech and Distribution you'll uncover and handle the technology projects that impact more than twenty million clients. Lead our initiatives from conception to completion. Make it count.
You will partner with Partner with the EU/UK Distribution business leaders to strategically advise how contemporary technologies, education, and process innovation can help them to deliver value, and meet their business goals and obtain their outcomes and key results. With a high level of IT and business acumen specifically the Marketing Technology field, proactively identifies opportunities and demonstrates possibilities that technology can enable.
Delivery Leaders are a trusted member of the IT community and are relied on by the business to achieve their goals with people, process and technology solutions. They use ideation and experimentation methods, and provide strategic guidance to internal clients with regard to people, technology and enabling or refining major business processes. In this role, you will:
What it takes:
- Build productive working relationships with internal clients, team members, senior management, project teams, and IT partners to ensure recommendations and priorities are understood by all impacted parties.
- Ensures IT and Business teams understand proposed enhancements by continually reviewing approved technology capabilities, business solutions, and estimates. Serves as a change agent for IT and the Business to introduce new technologies and processes to shape the business strategy.
- Translates business problems into strategic and cost-effective solution alternatives, along with recommendations, IT delivery estimates, delivery strategy, and cost benefits to solve business problems. Leverages broad IT knowledge to research emerging technologies and applies these to business problems. Creates blueprint capabilities for software, middleware and hardware deliverables. Ensures all deliverables comply with IT policies and procedures.
- Partners with business clients and IT leaders to align business initiatives, priorities, and schedules based on strategic business and IT plans; Collaborates with IT and business to plan and initiate required activities by leveraging research, design thinking, Lean Consulting engagement, System Architecture evolutions, and innovations.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodologies, architecture and related standards. Advocates and ensures usage of new standards as part of recommended solutions. Is involved in active consultations with technology partners (Solutions Architects Tech Leads, IT Delivery Managers) related to emerging technology and implementation strategies.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approves technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevates complex technical issues to IT experts, including architects and vendors. Resolves technical problems discovered by testers and internal clients. Responds to and resolves technical issues in a timely manner. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis.
- Influence the broad organization to gain maturity in product centric and portfolio planning, IT and value metrics, measurement of metrics aligned to product, owner alignment, capability oriented thinking etc. by leveraging knowledge of existing technology solutions and options that are already provided to our clients and the research that needs to be done to find new options.
- Owns and manages a capability landscape for one or more lines of business and its product owners as the business and the industry evolves. Facilitates collaborative discussions to define experimentation, execution strategies, cost, and resource requirements. Develops deep knowledge of the business area(s) supported and assist the business in driving out their 3-5 year technology plan. Develops broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape, corporate business unit strategies, and vendor products available in the marketplace to provide context for decision-making.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture, and technical related standards. Advocates and ensures usage of new standards and future state architecture by team members and project solutions.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Significant IT Experience supporting the distribution of investment products in the intermediary and wholesale markets in the UK and Europe with a specific focus of Marketing and Sales Technology including Content Management and Distribution systems, Marketing web sites, CRM applications and sales support.
- Minimum of eight years related work experience. Two years of managing a project preferred. Financial Services or technical experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in related field (Computer Science, Engineering) required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
- Wide range of technologies within technical specialty - from state of the art to legacy systems
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Lean software development principals and the application of such.
- Strong knowledge of contemporary technologies
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Exceptional conceptual, analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry and FinTech industry.
- Proven experience in using data (both quantitative and qualitative) analysis techniques to inform recommendations.
- Proven ability to lead a team and program level initiatives to success.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly, learn new things (business areas), evaluate issues, identify and validate problems areas, negotiate scope changes
Vanguard does not offer any sponsorship for this position.
INTERNAL CREW, CONTRACTOR & DIRECT APPLICATIONS ONLY.
Please note, current suppliers and potential suppliers are not permitted to communicate with or contact or send or otherwise provide any speculative resumes to any department, business unit, subsidiary or affiliate of Vanguard, or any employee thereof, at any time unless expressly instructed or permitted by a member of Vanguard's HR department. For the avoidance of doubt, Vanguard will not pay any fees to a supplier or potential supplier in respect of any candidate unless Vanguard has either requested the referral or given its prior written consent to the referral. If you would like to partner with Vanguard Europe, please contact email@example.com About Vanguard
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count. Inclusion Statement
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.