Project Support Officer - Application Infrastructure - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley has a centralised software group - Enterprise Application Infrastructure. The role of this group is to produce technology that can be used by other parts of the organisation. The group often acts like an internal consultancy. The group is solving numerous technical challenges some independent and some related. Some projects have just 1 person engaged on them, others up to 40. Team members vary in experience from graduates to 20 years+ technical work.
Over the last 4 years the management of the team has been transformed by the application of agile methodologies. This has been done within the broader firm management structures. As a result of this adoption the team has also acted in a consultant for many other teams adopting the same practice. Part of the role involves extending that knowledge sharing throughout the firm.
The role of the Programme Support Officer is to support the Practice Area Manager as they manage all elements of the team in accordance with best practice and defined organisational policies and procedures in order to ensure that the team works effectively with stakeholders. We use an agile development methodology which we make continual incremental improvements to.
What you will do:
- Supporting the daily programme management throughout the Program life cycle.
- Preparation for and hosting of weekly and monthly stakeholder meetings.
- Collating data for monitoring the progress the team.
- Surveying agile literature to find relevant new practices for the team.
- Suggesting and negotiating changes to procedure based on data and research.
- Preparing appropriate programme reports to multiple stakeholders
- Supporting the hiring process of the team.
- Administration of team volunteering activities and external engagements.
- Represent our techniques and practices in global forums.
What’s in it for you?
You will work in a distributed global team with many offices and people from numerous different cultures. During your work you will have regular contact with senior members of the technology organisation.
Your enthusiasm will be matched by the opportunity for personal growth in the knowledge and experience of the application of agile techniques within a large enterprise. Overall the team deals with 1000s of individual stakeholders using these techniques.
Sharing the knowledge of the techniques we have within the organisation will also lead to a growth in visibility among senior figures within the technology department.
We are more than happy to negotiate flexible working practices for this role.
- Sound knowledge of program management methodologies and techniques
- Sound finance and budgeting knowledge in relation to programmes
- Ability to work positively under pressure
- Strong ability to collate and present programme and project data to people at all levels of the organisation
- Enthusiasm for the challenges of managing a large (100+) group of engineers.
- Desire to continually learn new things about agile project management.
- Attention to the detail that is required in the management process.
- Interest in the individuals involved, their motivations and challenges.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1