RFP Writer, Asset Management
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
RFP Writer, Asset ManagementWe currently require a RFP Writer to join the Asset Management RFP team based in London. The team is responsible for the completion of RFP's and other questionnaires for investment consultants, prospects and clients as part of the new business process in the EMEA and APAC regions.
With good industry knowledge and a desire to develop your career, this would be a suitable role for someone looking to develop their career within the RFP role.
Demonstrating a strong work ethic, the successful candidate will liaise closely with multiple departments and stakeholders throughout Northern Trust to co-ordinate and project manage standard requests whilst developing a thorough knowledge of the company's products, strategies, structure and unique selling points to add value to the RFP production process.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Prepare standard RFPs, RFIs, Consultant Questionnaires and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) with an understanding of regional client requirements and create responses accordingly by customising standard responses within required timeframes.
• Prepare first drafts for complex RFPs, RFIs, Consultant Questionnaires and DDQs, including formatting and receiving direction from a senior RFP writer to help finalise the document within required timeframes.
• Work with various business areas to review and appraise content for use within RFPs.
• Maintain standard answer database on a regular basis.
• Maintain Consultant Databases if and when required.
The successful candidate will have:
• 1+ years Asset Management and financial markets industry experience.
• Marketing, communications or RFP experience within Asset Management.
• Investment Management Certificate (IMC) desirable or willing to work towards it.
• Strong knowledge of general asset management topics (e.g. differences between active and passive management).
• Analytical skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
• Proficiency within Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Proactive learner with strong intellectual curiosity.
• Proficiency with statistical information and ability to interpret financial data.
• Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency and initiative when responding to short deadlines.
• Good interpersonal skills, with a professional demeanour and a team player approach.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Experience across multiple asset classes especially equities and fixed income.
• Prior exposure to RFP Software preferred .
• Excellent organisation skills, able to manage multiple tasks at once.
The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
• Excellence in execution
• Time management
• Analytical skills
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,100 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $135 billion in banking assets
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management