This is a Hybrid role with their office being based in Kent just outside the M25 the majority of this role will be remote with maybe 1 day a week in the office, depending on how you manage your diary and workload
The role holder is responsible for creating, developing, managing and delivering best-in-class regulatory training solutions designed to ensure the business and its subsidiaries are in full compliance with laws (local, national, international) and regulations relating to its industry, professional standards and accepted business practices. The Training Manager is an SME and will work in partnership with the Learning & Development Team to support continued investment and enhancement in regulatory training solutions.
The role is within the Second Line of Defence and will support employees through the continued development and enhancement of regulatory training, working with business areas to ensure employees are supported with their regulatory training needs.
The role holder will have notable experience with regulatory training frameworks, including course design, face-to-face and virtual delivery of role specific training and engagement with training solution providers. Topics of specialism may include, as an example, Conduct, Treating Customers Fairly, Competition Law, Conflicts of Interest, Anti Money Laundering, Anti Bribery, Data Protection.
The role holder will work with the Risk & Compliance and Financial Crime teams, supporting the broader activities and initiatives of the department as part of leading on matters of risk and compliance, including financial crime prevention activities.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Create, develop, maintain and present (face to face or virtual) the Risk, Compliance and Financial Crime training programmes and materials, liaising with content owners to ensure materials are up to date and fit for purpose;
- Ensuring training tools and materials demonstrate ‘Tone from the Top’ in support of the right outcome
- Development and communication of internal and external education and awareness materials relating to Risk, Compliance and Financial Crime matters including the update and maintenance of relevant intranet pages;
- Proven ability to convert legal and regulatory requirements into concise business friendly training content;
- Proactive stakeholder engagement to ensure first line business requirements are appropriately met;
- Support implementation of relevant strategic projects and activities such as enhancing the Risk Management and Policy Frameworks, ensuring training needs are identified, communicated and delivered.
- Engagement with the Learning & Development Team to support learning needs analysis activities to ensure regulatory requirements are considered;
- Horizon scanning for industry fines and regulatory publications (eg Dear CEO Letters and thematic reviews), to ensure training needs are identified and accommodated within ongoing and evolving training solutions;
- Analysis of management information relating to regulatory training to monitor adherence to the training schedule, escalating and reporting concerns as appropriate, including within committee papers;
- Provide support for second line assessment and monitoring of risk events and controls relating to training, including identifying and delivering appropriate solutions to mitigate risk;
- Provide an advisory role for the business as the SME on regulatory training.
Hybrid working available with this role