SENIOR UI/UX DESIGNER
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The C&IS Technology Department is looking for an enthusiastic, design-driven, creative, and empathetic individual with a digital mind-set to join our team as a Senior UI/UX (User Interface/User Experience) Designer. What You Will Do:
As a designer within our team, you will be responsible for collaborating with business stakeholders and elevating our digital experiences through compelling and clean design that reflects the needs of our partners and clients. You will work with a geographically dispersed, agile team to effectively administer user research, build requirements, create wireframes and interactive prototypes, and seamlessly interface with business partners and technical staff. We are looking for an individual that has experience in user-centric design and a passion for growing skills as well as solving complex and challenging problems. The ideal candidate should possess a fair amount of the following:
• University degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Design or related field of study or equivalent experience
• Prior professional experience in UI/UX Design with a user-centric focus, as demonstrated in a work portfolio
• Demonstrated experience designing and delivering products in a collaborative, agile team environment
• Demonstrated experience creating wire frames, user flows, prototypes, and production-quality designs that effectively communicate design directions
• Demonstrate experience conducting qualitative and quantitative user research, interviews, usability testing, and other research and data analysis methods to make informed recommendations for UI/UX
• Strong collaboration, communication, and coaching skills
• Knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is a plus
• Demonstrated experience creating and implementing accessible (WCAG 2.1) designs
• Prior experience using or building design systems is a plus
• Proficiency in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, as well as a sensitivity to typography, colour, and layout and a general awareness of materials/textures is a plus Working with Us
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.