- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Sales Representative - New Business Development
Location: London, England, United KingdomMoody's Analytics is a fast growing and exciting company. We're looking for dynamic people to join our team who are looking to grow their potential and contribute to our mission.
- You will lead the full lifecycle sales process which includes identifying and initiating new sales opportunities by prospecting new clients, building on existing client relationships, giving sales presentations and contract negotiations.
- You will ensure complete client coverage by calling upon specialists and other client facing professionals where appropriate.
- You will market credit risk products to the Commercial Banking & Capital Markets sector.
- You will generate new revenue from research and credit products, and defend & grow existing revenue streams.
- You will work closely and collaboratively with wider sales, Product Strategists, Marketing Strategists and other employees within the organization to use their appropriate expertise in the sales cycle.
- You will have the opportunity to represent us at industry and company sponsored events, as required.
- The role requires some travel which is largely self-managed and planned in advance.
The position is part of the Moody's Analytics Global Sales and Customer Service Group. The team is responsible for managing and growing overall client relationships within large financial institutions; including Investment Banks, Commercial Banks, Insurance companies and Asset Management firms.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) required, with coursework in business, economics, finance, marketing or related fields.
- Experienced in hunting for new business.
- Experience working in direct business-to-business sales roles with a focus on serving financial services and/or corporate treasury customers.
- Solid understanding of different parts of the global financial services industry, including market dynamics and customers' business drivers.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex sales cycles to successful conclusion through use of consultative selling techniques.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with senior executives both internally and externally.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
- Fluent in English and additional European languages would be advantageous.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.