Sales Representative, Investments
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Sales Representative, InvestmentsSales representative sells institutional investment products and services to prospective asset owner clients based in UK & Ireland generating revenue for the bank. Identifies prospects by various research methods and analyzes clients needs in order to recommend new services or products.
1. Sells institutional investment products and services to suitable prospects producing fee revenue for the bank.
2. Identifies new prospects by researching potential needs and prioritizing and producing a sales plan.
3. Makes sales presentations to clients utilizing knowledge of institutional investment products and services.
4. Utilizes knowledge of bank's investment, trust, custody and securities products and services to analyze clients needs and recommend new services or products that would enhance the clients productivity or profitability.
5. Assists with request for proposal responses and fee proposals for prospective clients.
6. Maintains on-going relationships with field consultants, making them aware of the bank's products and services.
7. Maintains knowledge of investment products and services by initiating frequent contact with other financial institutions, partners and keeping abreast of laws and regulations affecting the industry.
8. Maintains knowledge of competitors and their products and services.
Knowledge of areas of investment management such as fixed income, active and passive equities, cash securities as well as other Northern products and services, usually acquired through related work experience, is required to respond to client's needs. Ability to communicate and sell Northern products and services to generate revenue for the bank. Knowledge of securities and pension industry products and services in order to compete with other financial institutions. Negotiation skills are necessary to respond to fee proposals.
5-10 years of investment sales experience
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $130 billion in banking assets