Senior Analyst, Derivatives Trade Capture
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Analyst, Derivatives Trade CaptureThe Derivatives Outsourcing department provide middle and back office operational support to investment management clients, across a wide range of Exchange Traded and Over the Counter products. The team's responsibilities include trade capture, trade confirmation/affirmation, transaction settlement, margin calculation, margin settlement and all associated reconciliations.
The Trade Capture team currently consists of 5 staff who report to the OTC Team Leader.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Trade capture and processing through Summit into in-house system
• Monitoring transaction interface queues to ensure all trades are fully processed
• Position reconciliations ensuring that the trade attributes are correct
• Nostro a/c reconciliation and investigation
• New Account set up
• Collation of daily, weekly and monthly MIS
• Providing trade information to interested parties such as Fund Accountants, Trustees and Third Party Administrators
• Investigation and resolution of client and counterparty queries and enquiries
• To provide support to the OTC Team Leader and Department Manager
• To accurately capture all trades in Summit and in-house system
• To liase with Clients and Market Counterparties to resolve any queries/discrepancies
• To undertake various tactical and strategic initiatives to improve performance
• Attend internal and external meetings with Clients and Counterparties where required
• Ensure that procedures are followed and updated regularly
• Ensure that controls are adhered to and evidenced daily
• To improve processes through tactical and strategic initiatives
Products Covered Include
• IRS, RPIs, Zero Coupon Swaps, Inflation Swaps, Credit Default Swaps, CFD's, Equity Swaps, FX Options, Swaptions
• Sound knowledge of OTC products, Market Practices
• Good Excel/Word skills
• Summit experience useful, but not essential
• Ability to process accurately whilst consistently meeting external and internal deadlines
• Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
• Ability to represent Northern Trust to the highest professional levels both internal and externally (including clients and regulators)
• Understanding of Investment Management Business
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $130 billion in banking assets