- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business Corporate Audit
Here in our London office the EMEA Corporate Audit team seeks to fill a Senior Auditor (AVP) vacancy to strengthen the central issue validation team focusing on the validation of audit issues across multiple asset classes and lines of business. Reporting to the Senior Audit Manager, the role provides support to regional management to validate control weaknesses in the business and maintain a solid risk culture across the region.
This is an exciting opportunity for the qualifying candidate to join an established audit team consisting of auditors with the diverse spectrum of experience and skill set. This role provides exposure to a diverse range of topics across various lines of business and product classes and an opportunity to work with a broad spectrum of audit internal and external stakeholders.
The EMEA Corporate Audit team provides interconnectivity within the global audit team including mentoring program, skill exchanges and other activities to support career and personal development of teammates. The team is also actively engaged in local communities and has a social committee.
The role also provides an opportunity to progress the career within other line of business audit teams over time.
Corporate Audit is an independent function that reports to the Audit Committee of the Bank of America Corporation. Corporate General Auditor reports administratively to the Chief Executive Officer. Corporate Audit provides independent assessment and validation of the effectiveness of key processes, controls and risk management models across the Company. Corporate Audit provides a holistic assessment on the risk profile of the Company, and is expected to proactively influence the management of risk across the Company. There are approximately 900 Audit associates globally, with approximately 100 associates in the remit of the EMEA General Auditor.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch offers a number of outstanding career opportunities designed to attract and retain all skill levels - a chance for both personal and professional development as well as a salary and benefit package designed to reflect the individual's contribution.
As a Senior Auditor your main responsibilities will involve:
- Full cycle of on-boarding audit identified and self-identified audit issues, independently validating remediation actions and ensuring sustainability of the enhanced control environment
- Critical assessment of control processes and procedures within the scope of issue validation
- Coordination and socialisation of the result of issue validation across the wider EMEA Audit team and key business stakeholders
As a Senior Auditor your skills, qualifications and competencies will ideally include:
- Prior internal audit experience is an advantage but not a strict requirement
- Good understanding of financial services products and processes
- Preferably experience in Global Markets and Operations
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with Corporate Audit and business stakeholders
- Good understanding of internal audit processes and methodology requirements
- Attention to details
- Appreciation of the financial services industry acumen
- Ability to deliver high quality work within deadlines
- Ability to multitask and process information quickly
- Excellent team player skills and ability to work in the multicultural environment
- Proactive / critical thinking and willingness to learn
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.