EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Senior Delivery Manager
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
FIS a global leader in financial software, with 53,000 employees worldwide are currently seeking a Senior Delivery Manager to join the Post-Trade Securities division in Canary Wharf.
Our size, the quality of our staff, our diverse global locations and myriad areas of expertise all create an exciting place to work, learn, develop and build a successful career!
The Post Trade Securities team within the FIS Institutional & Wholesale organisation has recently received an injection of investment to enable team growth required to support increasing demands of its key clients.
Stream RIMS (Real-Time Integrated Multi–Instruments Solution) is a real-time securities post-execution processing solution for the middle and back office.
The Development team is looking to hire a Senior Delivery Manager to manage teams of application developers delivering largescale change to the team’s market leading Post Trade Securities product.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the highest levels of software quality are delivered consistently within committed project timelines. They will pro-actively contribute to the continuous improvement of development practices and will be relied upon to provide insightful input to strategic team direction. The Senior Delivery Manager requires significant working experience within software development and management with an impressive record of accomplishment of project management. A dynamic personality, with a drive for excellence and an enthusiasm for change are essential for this role.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone keen to gain in-depth knowledge of the post trade industry and excited to become a key member of a growing development team ambitious to make improvements to the product, the development process, and overall service to its customers.
• Manages the software development process for several Agile scrum teams. Typical team activities include requirement analysis, technical design, coding, test automation and quality assurance.
• Project initiatives range from driving performance improvements, production stabilisation, to delivering large scales enhancements to the RIMS product.
• Responsible for the creation and subsequent tracking of project plans to ensure timely delivery of project commitments.
• Provide regular and timely updates to the Head of Development on project status and risks.
• Conduct project meetings with clients and provide clear visibility of project status and risks.
• Assess the impact of requested change and provide accurate effort estimates and timelines to the sales team.
• Ensure the development teams always adhere to software development standards providing mentoring to team members on the correct process whenever necessary. Delivering high quality software is the primary goal of the team and it is the Delivery Managers responsibility to ensure this.
• Encourage a culture of continuous improvement within the team and regularly perform Root Cause Analysis when improvement is required. Record and publish metrics on team performance to demonstrate success.
• Experience managing Software Development teams with experience of Agile Development
• Skill in project management, organization, communications, analytical and people skills
• Skill in leading, supervising and managing effectively under pressure
• Ability to manage multiple projects, activities, and problem areas
• Ability to delegate project tasks to qualified subordinates as appropriate
• Ability to analyse client’s business needs and determine related information service support
• Ability to maintain positive working relationship with client
• Ability to be comfortable interacting with executive level clients
• Experience of working within Finance ideally within Securities industry
• A strong technical background with exposure to managing complex web / database applications
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related subject
• Knowledge of the Post Trade processing
• Knowledge of Oracle
• Understanding of C, PL SQL, Java technologies
• Experience of test automation strategies
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.