Senior DevOps Engineer
- Up to £140,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Ashmore Stark
- 14 Feb 19
A unique AI trading broker seeking to revolutionise the way financial institutions execute their trades, looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help ensure high availability of robust services and products for consumers.
A unique AI trading broker seeking to revolutionise the way financial institutions execute their trades. Using blockchain technology to underpin its innovative platform, traders are given unprecedented insight and control into the stock markets, allowing them to make trading simpler, smoother and more secure – all whilst heavily influencing profits!
Launching in cryptocurrencies at the end of Q1 with a view to expanding to all asset classes by the end of 2019, their aim is to revolutionise finance – forever!
A hot-off-the-press opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help ensure high availability of robust services and products for consumers. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Working with the team of highly skilled developers to enhance and support the continuous delivery process, helping troubleshoot and resolve these issues during each of the development, test, staging and production environments.
- Managing the cloud platform and its underlying IaaS infrastructure (AWS).
- Helping to build end-to-end service monitoring solutions to enable instant notification of issues to the appropriate support teams.
- Managing the lifecycle and release management processes of microservices on the cloud platform
- Owning the continuous delivery process to build, deploy, and promote the microservices to the cloud platform.
- Migrate existing cloud platform (i.e. PCF) to container-based cloud platform (i.e. Kubernetes on AWS).
- Ensuring apps have automated functional tests that are used by the continuous delivery process to determine successful deployment and operation of applications.
- Ensuring monitoring of applications is configured and have rules/alerts for routine and exceptional application conditions.
- Installing, configuring and upgrading the cloud platform.
- Taking proactive measures for incident avoidance or early incident detection.
- Strong experience in infrastructure planning and exposure to different high-availability IT infrastructures.
- Strong knowledge and experience with tools such as Puppet, Chef, Bosh or Ansible.
- Strong experience of leading CI platforms, preferably Jenkins.
- High Availability and Load Balancer Solutions such as Nginx, F5, etc.
- Expert proficiency in one or more of the DevOps open source scripting languages like Groovy, Python or Shell Scripting.
- Experience with PaaS solutions such as PCF or GKE.
- Experience with AWS or similar IaaS infrastructure.
- Strong experience with containerisation (Docker).
- Knowledge of container orchestration solutions (e.g. Kubernetes).
For more details on the role or client, please feel free to apply or contact me at email@example.com or 020 7100 0975.
I look forward to hearing from you!