Senior Java Developer
- Market related
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- GQR Global Markets
- 07 Jun 18 2018-06-07
We are looking for an expert Java developer to join an innovative global team in one of the largest investment banks in the world. You will play a leading role in the implementation of highly visible strategic programmes with responsibilities around building components within the company's risk platform.
We are looking for an expert Java developer to join an innovative global team in one of the largest investment banks in the world. You will play a leading role in the implementation of highly visible strategic programmes with responsibilities around building components within the company’s risk platform.
You must be a natural leader and mentor with a driven yet pragmatic, delivery focused mindset and a desire to deliver constant business value through effective and innovative use of technology with a proven background in delivering high quality business critical software.
Your team will be at the forefront of significant contributions to the company’s sophisticated strategic risk and PnL platform for Financial Markets with exposure to advancing technologies. You will join as a Senior Developer but career advancement is always waiting for stand out talents to pursue.
£120k - £150k
Key Technical Skills
- 7+ years hands on development with investment banking IT experience
- 7+ years Java development experience working in a performance focused concurrent environment
- Experience with Hadoop/Spark/Scala could be advantageous
Development Tools and Methodologies
- Experience of TDD and BDD in a commercial environment
- Exposure to continuous build and deployment solutions such as Jenkins
- Able to work within an agile environment delivering software incrementally
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Development Manager, Project Manager, and a team of developers to deliver Java components to internal business users
- Demonstrate a systematic and disciplined architectural, system design and programming approach
- Deeply passionate about best-practice software design principles, you will write robust code along with a high-level of test coverage
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
- Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology
- Develop, prepare and maintain system documentation, including program descriptions and operational procedures
- Act as the second line of support during production problems.