Senior Legal Executive - Banking
- Salary:£600 pd
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Contract, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Posted on:14 Sep 18
My Client, A Global Bank have recently undertaken a three-way division of the bank into a retail focused ring fenced bank, wholesale focused non ring fenced bank and a service company. They require a Senior Legal Executive to come on board and join the project/s
The project forms part of a wider project established as part of the Group’s Operational Continuity in Resolution agenda. This requires the Group to establish a global operations company structure to house all of HOST, much of the Global Functions and all HGHQ staff and will supply services to operating banks in the Group. The bank is also undertaking related legal restructuring projects in various jurisdictions and supporting RRP work in large sites.
These projects represent large-scale and complex corporate transactions. Successful execution requires complex consideration, planning and execution across the full range of Global Businesses, Global Functions and HOST and multiple jurisdictions. They also require delivery of solutions that satisfy the management, financial, operational and customer requirements of each jurisdiction, while also complying with applicable local legislation and rules. These projects vary in size and duration.
This role forms part of the Legal/Corporate team within Group Corporate Structuring. Their mandate is to proactively drive progress, troubleshoot & resolve problems and review & challenge plans/status. The role-holder will be supporting the delivery of multiple components of these restructuring projects. He/she will work closely with other team members, both within the Corporate Structuring team and across the wider Group, including in overseas locations, to ensure that the projects are successfully implemented.
- Prepare complex reports and papers, often with significant ‘legal’ content
- Actively manage operational issues that arise in conjunction with advisers and stakeholders and provide solutions for colleagues and senior executives
- Provide drive and leadership to drive the project forward and ensure that delivery milestones are met
- Work closely with associated projects on which our projects depend to ensure alignment of plans and deliverables
Knowledge & Experience
- Lawyer, or similarly qualified with proven experience of large-scale restructuring projects
- Minimum of 8 years PQE
- Experience in working in city law firm preferred
- Banking and/or regulatory project experience
- Strong leadership, management and communication skills
- Lateral thinking/problem solving/creativity
- Drive and responsiveness