Senior Manager of Accounting Advisory & Policy (AAP)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 18 Oct 17 2017-10-18
Cognizant is searching for a Senior Manager of Accounting Advisory & Policy to support our Global operations. This position is part of the Global AVP, Accounting Advisory & Policy (AAP) group.
- The Senior Manager, AAP will assist in providing technical accounting advice, analysis and support on the appropriate application of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) to Company finance personnel to our Global operations. The Senior Manager will assist in assessments of accounting implications of proposed transactions, as well as proposed accounting rule changes being considered by Standard setters.
- Assist in updating and maintaining Company accounting policy manual, designing and establishing accounting process and procedures (US GAAP).
- Assist with providing technical accounting research, white papers and SEC comment letter responses.
- Assist in monitoring SEC, FASB and IFRS initiatives. Perform sensitivity analysis as to how new developments may impact the current business and financial statements.
- Provide consultation and accounting guidance to other global corporate functions, including: Tax, Mergers & Acquisitions, Large Deal Teams, Revenue Team and FP&A.
- Assist with large deal and complex deal negotiations in the Global operations including: joint ventures, business combinations, consolidation and equity distribution arrangements.
- Collaborate with our revenue recognition team on large and complex deal negotiations in the Global operations involving software revenue recognition, leasing, software capitalization and joint IT roadmaps.
- Provide U.S. GAAP technical accounting support and audit support to the Global operations and the external reporting group at the consolidated group level.
- Assist with oversight of U.S. GAAP to local GAAP reconciliations for foreign subsidiaries.
- Assist with various projects tasked to the AVP Accounting Advisory & Policy designed to improve our worldwide financial reporting processes.
- Assist with coaching and developing others within the larger Global Controllership group.
- This position will have significant interaction with the Director, Accounting Advisory & Policy as well as, interaction with Directors+ within the AVP Accounting Advisory & Policy group.
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 230 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.