Senior Product Manager, Product Enabled Services, Consulting, London
Your opportunity Are you naturally curious about the world and making things better?
Our Products and Solutions teams are. We make use of the deep heritage of Deloitte and the amazing Intellectual Property (IP) within the firm to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen. We design technology assets (ranging from tools and accelerators to fully fledged commercial software) that solve our clients' most complex challenges in a swift and radical way through the agility of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $35bn global business. Your role
As a Senior Product Manager within our P&S team you will be instrumental in leading the development of the Product Management capability within the Consulting service line.
You will also:
Your work, your choice
- Manage a team of Product Managers, supporting a portfolio of products >£10m revenue p.a.
- Lead team recruitment, on-boarding and professional development, including setting quarterly objectives
- Drive collaboration with the product management community across all service lines in Deloitte UK
- Act as an evangelist for product management within Deloitte UK's professional services community and continuously demonstrate the value of the discipline
- Support the validation of early stage concepts that have the potential of becoming fully fledged products
- Establish and enforce product management standards and best practices across the team in the following areas:
- Developing and maintaining the product roadmap and product backlog
- Prioritising and explaining the rationale behind the prioritisation
- Defining product based KPIs and ensuring they are measured, tracked, communicated and acted upon
- Supporting the creation of go-to market materials and positioning, in particular through clear articulation of the product's key features and benefits
- Supporting pre-sales activities through key client conversations and product demos
- Supporting development of commercial strategy and business cases
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role will be based in London, with minimal travel commitments
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time Your professional experience
• Experience as a Product Manager within a product development environment where products have been automated for a commercial and / or technical offering
• Experience managing a team
• Strong industry understanding (experience in retail, supply chain and / or manufacturing is a great plus but not required)
• Strong commercial acumen and understanding of business drivers to enable commercial model and product prioritisation decisions
• Understanding of technology, UX and UI processes
• Understanding and experience of working in an iterative and incremental Agile software development framework like Scrum.
• Understanding of key market research/marketing techniques
• Understanding and first-hand experience of full product lifecycle
• Experience building mock-ups and prototypes using tools such as Axure or Balsamiq
• Certifications (e.g., Scrum master) are desirable
• Excellent communication, business engagement and collaboration skills Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
× We live our purpose:
we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
× We develop talent:
we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
× We drive performance:
we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
× We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters:
we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
× We move, together, towards a strategic direction:
we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLFINA BAFRSC BAPROD CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176091