Senior Python Developer: Transaction Cost Analysis
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: PIMCO's Technology Team
is organized in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools. PIMCO recognizes the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly. Technology careers are available in Newport Beach, New York, London, Munich, and Singapore. POSITION DESCRIPTION
We're developing a platform for transaction cost analysis across all assets traded by PIMCO. Your role will be hands-on, to both lead and build the engineering effort of our platform from end to end, while interfacing with senior portfolio managers and analytics staff. The candidate in this role will need strong data engineering skills in addition to strong product management skills, to understand users' needs. Furthermore, the candidate should be prepared to meet with vendors and help drive buy vs build decision making in various platform components. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create, innovate and deliver; leverage experience - pragmatic approach.
• Build relationships with portfolio managers, execution traders & analytics/quant groups.
• Contribute to the overall design and architecture of the product.
• Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable python code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation. Position Requirements:
• Electronic trading experience: success in working with electronic trading systems, understanding workflows, and data modeling
• 8+ years of working experience in Financial Services working on trading systems - either at an Investment Bank or Hedge fund / Asset manager
• Experience with BI tools
• Excellent communication skills, proven in a front office environment
• Strong understanding and experience in the following areas:
o One of PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Tableau etc
o Order management data modeling
• Knack for writing clean, readable Python code
• KDB+ experience would be a bonus Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- Pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office