Senior Software Engineer - Derivatives Pricing
The Derivatives pricing teams at Bloomberg build a unified platform that helps our customers structure and get transparent valuation and analytics for the most simple, to the most bespoke financial derivatives products. We take pride in solving the wide variety of challenges associated with pricing derivatives including writing efficient market data management pipelines, integrating state of the art mathematical pricing models, designing rich APIs and user interfaces and solving complex distributed systems problems.
As a member of our team, you will work on a variety of cross-functional projects with the aim to strengthen our integration with teams that rely on our framework, as well as building the next generation platform. What's in it for you?
We'll trust you to:
- Be part of a passionate, growing community of dedicated software engineers in an environment where innovation is embraced
- Learn the complex financial domain that's at the core of applications we build in Derivatives
- An opportunity to challenge yourself every day and expand your knowledge horizon and skills
You'll need to have:
- Work hand-in-hand with our product partners to build the applications and frameworks our clients rely on
- Take full ownership of technical solutions, implementation and rollout to users
- Follow industry best practices for testing, automation and CI/CD
- Embrace team work and peer review of design and code
- Challenge the status-quo, and propose innovative technical solutions contributing to our next generation platform
We'd love to see:
- Experience with modern C++/Python or other object-oriented languages and good understanding of object-oriented software development principles
- Experience in a software engineering role covering the full development life-cycle
- A highly collaborative mindset and a desire to learn
- Understanding of challenges of large-scale distributed systems
- An understanding of the FX and/or Commodity domain(s) is an advantage but not a requirement!
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!