Digital Assets Compliance Specialist A great opportunity for a driven, energetic compliance and/or technologist with a passion for compliance and innovation to join the BNYM team building our Digital Assets solutions.
At BNYM, Compliance plays a critical role in ensuring that the Lines of Business operate in-line with our policy and regulatory requirements. The Digital Assets Compliance Specialist is a role within the Asset Servicing and Digital Compliance function of BNY Mellon. The role is for a compliance and/or technologist to assist the Senior Compliance Officer in assessing the compliance risks and ensure that the business, products/services developed meets BNYM's policy and regulatory requirements. This is a 2nd line Compliance function accountable for oversight and credible challenge of the Digital Assets unit and the Lines of Business to ensure effective management of their risks and regulatory compliance. Responsibilities:
S/he will have a strong subject matter expertise with blockchain or other emerging technologies and their uses in the financial services sector, and experience in managing risk around the development of new products and services in this space. This role will require an understanding of Compliance disciplines (including Technology, Third Party and Operational Compliance requirements). The Digital Assets Compliance Specialist will have the opportunity to work directly on the development of the Digital Assets products alongside the business, providing oversight and challenge throughout the development life cycle.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Analyzes existing legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry practices to ensure the assigned business is in compliance with current requirements.
- Contributes to projects and program tasks intended to improve compliance and enhance the control environment.
- Analyzes control processes to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Reviews the appropriateness of control processes and may help guide the assigned business units in implementing improvements.
- Contributes to assessments of the effectiveness of controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting BNY Mellon businesses.
- Appetite for continuous learning is also a must
- Financial Services, Audit or Compliance background and/or experience with financial services FinTech or cryptocurrency industries
- Knowledge of UK, EU financial services regulations and understanding of upcoming developments in digital assets
- Understanding of custody, fund services, trade life cycle of securities and/or digital assets
- Knowledge in one or more of the enterprise technology domains such as: Blockchain Technologies, Cloud, Cybersecurity, Data Management is preferred
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.