Site Reliability Engineer
Exciting opportunity for an experienced SRE to join a globally-renowned, highly regarded asset manager in their London office. This is a crucial role within a high-performance environment, working with a cohesive team of engineers, developers and trade support teams to build world-class systems.
The ideal candidate will have a background in either software development, networking, UNIX internals or large-scale systems administration. You'll have the drive to innovate, automate and constantly use measurements and statistics to improve performance and quality.
You will utilise your deep understanding of how applications function to oversee taking them to production, to provide early support for apps in development and to ensure crisp application function throughout its lifetime. Requirements:
- Excellent computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems
- Fully proficient working in one or more modern structured programming language
- Streaming financial market data via direct feeds or vendors, e.g. Refinitiv, is hugely beneficial
- KDB+ experience a strong plus
- Basic working understanding of Multicast and TCP/IP networking, LAN, WAN & Linux networking
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or similar)
- Hugely collaborative environment between teams, not siloed like other firms
- Competitive compensation: truly flat structure; feel valued for your input and be rewarded for great ideas
- Work with the latest technologies on complex problems
- Flexible working encouraged and regular socials
If this sounds like you, or you would like more information, please contact: Angelos Tennant
+44 (0) 20 3745 6530