Software Development Engineer - Fire TV
DESCRIPTION In the Amazon Fire TV team, we are creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide. Be part of a fast-paced, agile and innovative team who is delivering new experiences to Fire TV devices in a startup like environment.
In this role you will be part of key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision, including innovation in the delivery and consumption of media and entertainment. We leverage cutting edge technology in client-app frameworks, big data, machine learning, optimization techniques and high availability services.
We are looking for passionate and talented software engineers who are interested in building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Professional hands-on experience in software development
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis)
• Great programming skills with at least one modern language including object-oriented design
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with any of Android apps, Android Frameworks, AOSP or Linux kernel driver development
• Android development experience; Expert knowledge of Java and the JDK and/or Kotlin and Android Developers Kit. Knowledge of Android Architecture, performance optimization, and Security. Advanced Android UI Skills (Fragments, Custom view components)
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations