Software Development Manager
DESCRIPTION Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
Prime Video's Commerce team builds world-class software that enable our customers to subscribe to and purchase content on the Prime Video service. We have an opportunity for a Software Development Manager to join our Entitlements team. They build systems that tell customers what they can watch and download. As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for managing and leading a talented team of software engineers that are responsible for the design, development, testing, and operations of our systems. You will work closely with product management, content acquisition, marketing, and executive teams in the UK, US, EU, and Japan.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
• Experience managing a team of high calibre Software Engineers developing complex, world class, scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• A proven track record of software delivery through all phases of development and developing long-term development and business technology strategies
• Demonstrable knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Significant technical experience as a Software Engineer, developing and operating distributed/scalable systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with large scale distributed system design and development
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, or Python
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.