Sr Product Manager, Enterprise Delivery
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 26 May 19
Sr Product Manager, Enterprise Delivery
We are seeking a Sr Product Manager, Enterprise Delivery with demonstrable experience in voluminous real time data delivery, coupled with strong client management skills and Developer Experience (DX). You will own, drive and develop our real time data feed to our redistribution partners, providing rich critical content that enables the global commodity markets to function.
As part of the Enterprise Delivery function you will deliver the data flow strategy with ground floor innovation through revolution of real time data flow processes across the business. Focusing on Machine to Machine interaction we define and provide real time feeds to a suite of redistribution partner endpoints. Furthermore the team provide APIs for raw data, functions and endpoint integration to our internal platforms as well as direct to external consumers where, when and how it's needed.
Platts creates over 10,000 daily assessments used for 1,500+ cleared financial instruments that transact in excess of $10 billion every day. We stream over 20,000 bids, offers and trades a month from more than 450 of the top commodity trading companies globally. Furthermore we create market moving news and insights every day. We have a lot of data and it needs distributed immediately, accurately and durably.
The role, redefining real time data flow to our redistribution partners, offers unrivalled exposure to the real time commodity markets, a unique perspective on the value of this data across all walks of business, and the ability to shape and build the future of this data flow. At the source of critical data you will work with world leading data aggregators and deliver a multi hundred million dollar revenue stream to the world.
Core Focus: Redistribution feed development
- Interact with our redistribution partners to assimilate and detail our current real time delivery capability including how data is displayed to consumers
- Lead internal product planning to redefine the ideal data flow state across all real time datasets to all redistribution partners including aligning their grouping and display of data
- Create a tactical strategy that enables execution to success with technology partners globally
- Define success metrics and use data to drive decision-making and present both financial and technical points of view to c-suite
- Write user stories and executable requirements, process flow diagrams, and acceptance test criteria, overseeing quality assurance and deployment
- Lead sprints to build, test and deliver componentised solutions, partnering with the engineering team on short-cycle design and scrum interactions, meeting dates against objectives and deliverables, driving decisions and escalating appropriately
Key Focus: Developer Experience (DX)
Our data feeds are scrutinised and consumed by world leading companies that distribute data and news in real time. The ease, reliability and architecture of our real time delivery capability, coupled with open feedback and a simplification agenda, is key to maintaining our leading position within the market.
- Establish a simplification agenda with: novice compatible documentation, consistent processes and mapping, a 'make data easy to consume' approach
- Provide input into the consumer developer community forum from the real time perspective including: public issue trackers, clear changelogs and release notes, etc.
- Support a Self-Service approach ensuring consideration for trial and test scenarios are well catered for
About you: Qualifications
Being held accountable for execution, tangible deliverables and measurable success are common in your past. You are able to demonstrate experience of successful delivery on scope, in time, and on budget.
- 5+ years product experience at commercial software or cloud company building real time data delivery
- Demonstrable experience with business change, designing and executing complex, business critical, processes into an established environment
- High technical literacy with real time delivery platforms and toolsets with understanding of core solution differences
- Prior working exposure to tools such as: JMS MQ, WebSphere MQ, Sonic, Kaazing and Kafka are beneficial
- Fundamental understanding of data needs for real time analytics, including exposure to GraphQL style topics is a bonus
- Experience with both Agile and Lean methodologies
- Prioritisation and partnership management skills with ability to back decisions with conviction and data whilst balancing corporate needs of both us and our partners
- Diplomacy and tenacity when managing and communicating with stakeholders at all levels of business from Sales to Technology alongside a firm ability to assume positive intent
- Champion tangible delivery to avoid "boiling the ocean" whilst still getting stuff done