Systems Support Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
Are you an experienced IT Systems Support Analyst looking for the next step in your career within financial services? If so, an exciting opportunity has arisen within our IT department!
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. First established in 2000 we now have £29.7 billion of funds under direction in over 154,000 client investment portfolios (as at 31st December 2017).
Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to bring assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way.
The investments held on the platform may sit within Wrappers that enjoy certain tax advantages and typically include ISAs, SIPPs, Personal Pensions and Investment Bonds. Our customers are investors and their financial advisors. With access to our wrap platform, both the investor and their financial adviser are able to see an up to date valuation of the portfolio at a glance.
This is not your usual 2nd line support role. As well as answering and solving queries you will be providing internal support to over 430 users within our London Offices and a small number of field based staff. You will be key in maintaining the lines of communication between the IT department and all other departments within the organisation as well as coordinating all IT activities through our in-house ticketing system.
As customer service is at the forefront of what we do here at Transact, you must be customer focused and demonstrate the ability to offer a high-level of service over the phone and in person within defined SLA's.
This role also offers the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills in Linux and open source technologies.
- Manage and action 10+ queries a day via our in-house ticketing system
- Maintain lines of communication between the IT department and all areas of the business
- Coordinate a complex set of systems to set up new users and create accounts
- Assist in the installation, upgrading and maintenance of desktop and voice infrastructures
- Carry out desktop/laptop rollout and replacements
- 2-3 years in a 2nd Line IT service desk support role
Working knowledge of:
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Administration from a command line - CMD, Bash or Powershell
- Microsoft Office packages
- Email & web browser troubleshooting
- Microsoft Server 2008/2012/2016
- PC hardware, set up and configuration
- DHCP, DNS and TCP/IP addressing and computer networks
With our Open Source infrastructure, you will be comfortable executing action from a command line (CMD, PowerShell or Bash). Previous experience within a Linux environment is desirable but not essential. You will have a passion for technology along with a desire to broaden your skillset. You will be a problem solver that consistently looks for ways to improve technologies, systems and processes.
In return, we offer the chance to join a fast growing, market leading business with a wide range of benefits. These include a competitive salary, great pension contributions, company-wide bonus scheme, qualification sponsorship where relevant, season ticket loan and private medical insurance.
We reward and recognise hard working and enthusiastic individuals who help us maintain our position as a market leader in the wrap platform sector. We encourage a collaborative culture; using your initiative and imagination to help us to continually improve.