Technical Business Analyst - Commerce Data Model - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) is part of Technology. This group is responsible for developing enterprise applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. In addition, IST provides technology solutions for client-aligned groups and company-wide divisions, such as Finance and Operations, post-trade functions within the Institutional Securities Group and standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
The ‘Data Center of Excellence’ department is recruiting for an enthusiastic and delivery focused technical business analyst who will partner with other technology and business departments to develop and execute on a data strategy and deliver improvements to data quality.
The team vision is a multi-year effort to simplify the firm’s data architecture front-to-back with the goals of reducing infrastructure and manpower costs, improving the ability to demonstrate control for data, empowering developers by providing consistent means of handling data and providing a platform to implement future change initiatives faster, cheaper and easier. We are a global team engaged in a wide array of projects touching virtually every single vertical asset class and horizontal function within the Institutional Securities Technology and Corporate and Funding Technology groups.
• Be embedded within any number of technology teams supporting different business lines or functions, with the goal of understanding and documenting their front-to-back architecture and processes, identifying gaps and problems, developing a roadmap for the evolution of that architecture and executing on the roadmap. (Non-Loans Collateral management is current focus)
• Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders in both Technology and the Business outside your immediate area of expertise, and affect real change in both business process and technical architecture.
• Leverage deep business and systems knowledge in a particular area to realize tangible business benefit through adopting the data strategy and architecture principles.
• Leverage your strong technical focus and demonstrable experience of architecting technology solutions.
• Design, development and delivery of computer applications for business units like Collateral, Liquidity & Treasury, Finance, Firm Risk, Loans, Sales and Trading, Operations.
• Be resilient to setbacks and relentless in the pursuit of the real business problem.
• Additional responsibilities will be to engage in a number of division-wide front-to-back business problems, understand and document the impact, and propose and gain support for solutions
• Must have excellent understanding of Equity Structured Products and Derivatives - Pre-trade and trade capture functions as well as front-to-back Lifecycle management.
• Must have strong understanding of various front, middle and back office functions including but not limited to Trade Booking, Collateral Management
• Excellent track record of business analysis, application development and delivery of complex global projects in Financial services domain is a must have
• Experience in designing and delivering computer applications via established software project development lifecycle models like Agile is must have
• Strong experience with SQL for Oracle/DB2 databases is essential
The closing date for applications is the 31/08/2018
The salary for this role is competitive
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.