Overview of Department/Section
MUFG’s aviation Finance team provides financial services to Airlines, Operating Lessors, and other aircraft investors and owners, relating to the acquisition, ownership and leasing of aircraft, including but not limited to arranging, financing and distribution of full or limited recourse secured debt instruments. Our award-winning aviation team combines in-depth industry knowledge with solid relationships across the sector.
Main Purpose of the role
Manage a portfolio of aviation transactions and undertake all necessary credit and portfolio monitoring activities. Identify potential business opportunities from within the existing portfolio and assist new business initiatives and projects as required, including the refinancing of existing assets. Undertake the lead client facing role when acting as Security Agent, Security Trustee and/or Account Bank.
• Undertake semi-annual/annual credit reviews of aviation facilities on a timely basis.
• Review financial reports/transaction information as and when received with a view to determining the appropriateness of the current rating / risk level.
• Prepare and process waiver/client requests on a timely basis by effectively managing the internal credit process.
• Ensure that, in conjunction with EMEA Loan Agency team, any Facility Agent/Security Trustee/ Account Bank responsibilities are carried out efficiently and with accuracy in order to maintain MUFG’s excellent reputation in this area.
• Undertake any ad-hoc exercises/projects/reporting as assigned.
• Ensure that internal monitoring systems are kept up to date in all relevant areas, with particular attention to loan and collateral information.
• Work with colleagues in the Credit functions to ensure an effective dialogue on risk related issues and to maintain a culture of cooperation. Elevate any potential issues to Senior Management at an early stage so that these can be dealt with appropriately.
• Develop and maintain a strong network of partnership with the relationship teams, other product areas, and support functions within MUFG, in order to effectively sustain and grow the franchise.
• Liaise with clients at a counterpart level building strong and lasting relationships, particularly with regards to the Agency, Account Bank and Security Trustee activities.
• Contribute to internal projects designed to improve the MUFG’s performance.
• Involvement in restructuring and refinancing of aviation transactions.
• Sound level of experience and knowledge within banking, particularly in structured finance and/or investment banking.
• Knowledge of loan documentation and lending processes in front / middle office.
• Knowledge of financing structures in asset finance.
• Knowledge of performing Agency roles and coordinating lender groups.
Skills and Experience
Functional / Technical Competencies:
• Good knowledge of credit, risk management, market and legal aspects of structured finance
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills, comfortable working with banking systems and financial models
• Good knowledge of all standard banking products
• Complex problem solving skills
Education / Qualifications
• Degree Level and/or relevant industry expertise
• Excellent communication skills
• Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
• A proactive, motivated approach.
• The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
• A structured and logical approach to work
• Strong problem solving skills
• The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.