We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide.
Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
Overview of Department/Section
Corporate Technology is responsible for the operation, development and support of all applications across all areas of the business. Corporate Technology ensures IT strategy, architecture and solutions are aligned to business requirements. Within Corporate Technology, the Infrastructure group manage the day to day running of the technologies which underpin the business systems and focused teams within this portfolio manage the day to day health, support and future direction of each specialist area.
Main Purpose of the role
- To manage, maintain and enhance the RDBMS and NoSQL platforms in EMEA as well as internationally for the Securities Business.
- Overseeing and participating in the smooth and efficient running of the Database Operations team.
- Ensuring the database platforms are highly available, reliable, secure and performant.
- Installation, configuration, performance tuning, upgrades and general database maintenance activities.
- Ensuring daily health and compliance checks are being performed holistically for all Production systems.
- Ensuring key controls are in place to mitigate all risks associated with database technologies.
- Reviewing operational procedures and policies periodically to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Ensuring monitoring alerts are promptly acknowledged and managed through to satisfactory resolution.
- Ensuring problem tickets and service requests are handled with efficiency and the customer in mind.
- Ensuring team emails are handled in a timely manner with customer expectations managed accordingly.
- Performing detailed root cause analysis on problems, incidents and outages to prevent future occurrences.
- Identifying automation opportunities and working with the Site Reliability Engineers to implement them.
- Providing technical support and consultancy to application support and development teams.
- Ensuring database security patches and updates are applied as per defined policies.
- Reviewing Qualys Vulnerability and Compliance scan output and remediating findings as necessary.
- Addressing audit findings, executing corrective actions plans and implementing recommendations.
- Planning and subsequent execution of disaster recovery procedures.
- License management, compliance and optimisation.
- Participating in on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise.
- Providing 24x7 support in EMEA and internationally for the Securities Business.
- Identifying cost saving and optimisation opportunities within MUS EMEA and the wider MUFG group.
- Building strong relationships across the Bank and Securities with other Bank and Securities functions and business areas, underpinned by trust and the core values of the bank.
- Experienced in running a 24x7 cross platform database function within a financial institution.
- Proven track record of managing highly performing teams that deliver significant service improvements.
- Extensive experience with regulatory compliance issues as they apply to database related infrastructure.
- Has a deep understanding of the IT industry and the implications of IT for the wider business environment, coupled with excellent, broad, understanding of IT Infrastructure trends.
- SAP (Sybase) ASE 12.5 / 15.7 / 16.0.
- MSSQL 2008 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016 / 2017 / 2019 (including Always-On and Analysis Services).
- Oracle 11g / 12c / 18c / 19c (including RAC, ASM, DataGuard and ODA appliances).
- MongoDB 3.4 / 3.6 / 4.0 / 4.2.
- SQL, T-SQL and PL-SQL.
- Networking, storage, database and virtualization layers.
- Multiple scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Bash and PowerShell.
- Windows and Unix/Linux OS tuning utilities and commands.
- Configuring Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems for optimal database performance.
- Windows clustering and high-availability solutions.
- Logical and physical database design.
- Database install, patching, configuration, high-availability and disaster recovery design.
- Backup and recovery strategies.
- Data migration strategies and best practices.
- Database security and auditing methods.
- Security hardening principles in line with CIS industry benchmarks.
- Data security governance and regulations such as GDPR and SOX.
- Cloud computing – IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings across Azure, AWS, GCP and Oracle.
- Container orchestration platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Version control software such as GitHub and Subversion.
- Configuration management software such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform and SaltStack.
- Good working knowledge of “Infrastructure as Code” principles and practices.
- Continuous integration (CI) and continuous development (CD) principles and practices.
- Applications development using Agile, and DevOps best practices
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.6
- BMC Control-M.
- ESX VMWare and/or Nutanix HCI
- EMC, HDS and Pure storage arrays.
- EMC Networker, Data Domain and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager.
- Bradmark, Oracle Cloud Control and Tivoil.
- Active Directory, LDAP and Kerberos.
- GitHub, Subversion and TeamCity.
- Splunk and IBM QRadar.
- SharePoint, JIRA and Confluence.
- ServiceNow and Serena Business Manager.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.