Senior Quality Engineer
- Peterborough, England, United Kingdom Peterborough England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BGL Group Limited
- 10 Jul 18 2018-07-10
A ‘quality’ opportunity has arisen within our IDO pillar, Business Technology – Product Systems team for a Senior Quality Engineer to test and shape our in-house technology and insurer schemes.
The role will involve testing using in-house technology as well as leading the test practice within your own team and the wider quality community.
As a Senior Quality Engineer you will use your hands on technical skills and have the opportunity to take on the responsibility for a team, effectively owning performance and people management conversations. As a line manager you’ll be responsible for developing and enabling your staff to ensure the business achieves its operational and strategic objectives, therefore experience in line managing is a must have!
Here at the BGL group we are passionate about people challenging themselves and building on their success and this role gives you the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within the quality community. We actively encourage knowledge sharing and upskilling and you’ll be key to being the interface between the Product Systems team and the rest of the Business Technology department.
What will it take to be successful as Senior Quality Engineer?
- Demonstrable experience of hands-on software test planning, design and execution
- Proven line management experience and a clear passion for leading and managing your people
- Strong stakeholder management and inter-personal skills, being comfortable to engage and communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders, clearly articulating technical matters
- Excellent defect management, requirements analysis and change management experience with the ability to balance multiple work streams within a fast paced, demanding environment
- Experience working within an Agile working environment using both Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- The ability and willingness to pick up new tools, processes and technologies
Why choose us…
Our environment is fun, challenging, engaging and shows no sign of slowing down. You’ll have access to learning opportunities and a data enthusiast environment.
We never stand still…
This is an excellent opportunity to develop hands on testing skills in a fast paced and commercial environment, you’ll help to influence our in-house testing technologies whilst working collaboratively with our developers. You’ll have exposure to external stakeholders, ensuring their products are tested, and assisting them in their own testing before working with release teams to put changes live. Once live, you'll follow up with further testing to ensure absolute quality.
We grow because we are…
We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.
Opening Date: 30 May 2018
Closing Date: 30 June 2018