Consultant/Associate Director, M&A Tax Advisory, Reading
Joining our highly successful team will allow you to expand your M&A skills working with clients ranging from dynamic privately owned businesses through to many of the largest and most innovative global groups. You will participate and add value to our clients through all aspects of the deal cycle from due diligence, tax structuring, review and negotiation of SPAs and financing documents, and post-acquisition integration.
You will be a key part of the growth of the corporate M&A business, participating in client business development activities, honing your marketing skills and providing training and coaching to more junior members of the team.
Deloitte's M&A tax team has an exceptional reputation, defined by our ability to deliver an integrated and experienced team of transaction specialists, focused on providing independent, objective and bespoke advice to assist clients on both buy- and sell-side roles.
The Reading M&A tax team is already a large successful group working with some of the most exciting domestic and global companies. We are looking for individuals at Consultant and Associate Director grade to join this market-leading, but friendly and supportive corporate M&A team, providing tax advice on a wide range of corporate transactions including acquisitions, disposals, refinancings and IPOs.
Responsibilities will include:
• Advising UK and international corporate clients on transaction tax and wider commercial M&A issues
• Managing a portfolio of high profile M&A projects, working with a number of other teams in the UK and overseas
• Building ongoing transaction relationships with acquisitive corporate groups and other teams within Deloitte
• Developing and coaching more junior members of the team
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent, full time Your professional experience
• An understanding of, or interest in, M&A tax requirements as they impact our clients - prior experience of transaction work is helpful but not essential
• Keen attention to detail to ensure production of high-quality client deliverables, often against tight deadlines
• Highly developed problem solving skills, underpinned by the enthusiasm and drive to assist our clients in dealing with challenging issues
• Client engagement skills and a keen interest in learning to develop, in order to assist our clients
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• The ability to verbally flex your style to communicate complex messages to a variety of stakeholders
• Strong team working ethos
• UK professional qualification e.g. ICAEW, CTA
Your service line
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it's all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You'll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you'll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood
special award in 2016. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 164239