Internal Audit Manager - National Markets (Reading/Southampton)
- Competitive plus negotiable benefits
- Reading, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Dec 18
Within IARCS, we have an opportunity for a Manager to join the team based in the London office. The role will be particularly attractive to those who have experience or knowledge of internal audit within a large corporates environment.
As a Manager in IARCS there will be opportunities to work on a variety of engagements covering the spectrum of services that we provide including:
- Reviewing and establishing internal audit functions
- Assurance mapping
- Creating annual audit plans for clients
- Providing internal audit services on both outsourced and co-sourced contractual basis
- Managing and directly delivering individual and/or a programme of internal audit projects which includes planning, review, quality assurance and reporting
- Working with client’s in house internal audit function to supply specialist or additional resource needed
- Process improvement projects
- Risk management, governance and internal audit advisory services
- Risk identification workshops and control reviews
- Delivering control and risk training
- Managing and reviewing internal control questionnaires
- Corporate governance reviews
- Contract compliance audits
- Assessing effectiveness of internal audit functions, audit committees and boards
- Sarbanes Oxley advisory services and delivery
- Working with members of other KPMG advisory teams
- Secondments to clients to assist with specific projects
- Delivering specific advisory projects
- Business development
- Retaining management responsibility for a portfolio of UK-wide clients, maintaining relationships with senior KPMG and client staff and responsible for the financial performance and delivery of these accounts
- Demonstrating a detailed understanding of how current and emerging legal, regulatory, governance, risk management, auditing, accounting and financial reporting standards affect their clients
- Undertaking KPMG's internal risk management and client engagement management procedures including client acceptance, continuance and engagement procedures
- Keeping up to date with all industry specific issues and circumstances which affect their clients
- Developing audit strategies which address all audit, client service and project management issues, in accordance with the KPMG internal audit methodology
- Recognising where specialists are required and involving other KPMG staff, managing their input to the client
- Reviewing the audit evidence obtained ensuring it is sufficient in line with IIA Standards and KPMG methodology
- Conducting meetings with clients to explain audit findings and drafting and reviewing reports
- Reporting to partners/directors all salient points arising from assignments
- Producing quarterly Audit Committee papers
- Setting budgets for engagement and monitoring delivery against the budget
- Ensuring work in progress is monitored and controlled with fees being raised promptly
- Identifying and exploiting additional fee billing possibilities
- Planning and allocating staff resources to fulfil business requirements
- Setting objectives with the team, and providing support and feeding back on performance
- Providing coaching and training to KPMG staff on risk management and internal audit methodology
- Identifying and developing new opportunities for KPMG to work with clients and targets
- Writing tender documents and presenting at proposals
- Assisting partners in general business development
- Qualified (IIA, CCAB, ICAEW or equivalent). Accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Managing Internal Audit and/or risk management engagements, preferably including experience of managing Global teams.
- Experience of being the main client contact for engagements and dealing with day to day interactions at FC / FD level.
- Private sector and/or professional services experience within the corporate sector is essential.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively in a team or on their own.