Transitions - Investment Consultant
Salary: Not Specified
Location: Reigate, England, United Kingdom
Summary of Role As a Investment Consultant within our Implementation Team, you will oversee a team of analysts in the monitoring and management of all of the parties involved in individual transitions, as well as ensuring the client team and client are updated about project progressSummary of Role
As a Investment Consultant within our Implementation Team, you will oversee a team of analysts in the monitoring and management of all of the parties involved in individual transitions, as well as ensuring the client team and client are updated about project progress on a regular basis. The role includes oversight of transitions for a range of client types, including advisory, delegated/fiduciary, and our funds business. The core of the implementation role focuses on transition project management and advising on transitions, which can involve monitoring relatively simple unit level transactions in pooled vehicles through to complex multiple investment manager and asset class transitions. The Implementation Team are responsible for the efficient implementation of client investment structures, which may include the use of the third-party transition managers.
- Utilising strong knowledge of transitions to provide a transition monitoring service to clients. This includes being aware of market transaction standards, trading strategies, nuances of foreign exchange, and the various risks associated with transitions.
- Working with client consultants and analysts in order to provide suitable solutions for client implementation and transition projects.
- Management of analysts within the team who are responsible for producing and implementing high quality plans for transitioning client assets. The consultant must work with analysts ranging from very junior to very experienced to ensure that the plans produced are operationally practicable and in investment terms optimal, given the client context.
- Responsibility for reviewing in detail the work of analysts in the team and ensuring that it will deliver the expected results, with a high degree of accuracy and minimal errors. The consultant needs to be prepared to spend considerable time checking all aspects of the work of analysts; working with them to develop their skills and understanding.
- Being comfortable overseeing a large number of projects at any one time, maintaining a high quality of work at all times.
- Ensuring nominated projects are managed to plan and be able to communicate clearly to the head of transitions and client teams about progress, issues and outcomes. Consultants are expected to be able to provide to and receive “peer review” from other consultants in an encouraging manner, in what is a collegiate environment.
- Contributing to the development of new business initiatives.
- Potential having line management responsibility (dependent on the individual) for a small number of analysts in the team.
- Demonstrating risk-management excellence and ensure appropriate procedures are adhered to.
- The team is responsible for a number of activities outside of the scope of transition project management, hence there is the flexibility for an investment consultant within the team to be involved in areas such as transition manager research and consulting, together with focusing on project management skills within the wider investment business.
- Proven experience within a transition project management role. Ability to communicate a thorough understanding of transition management processes within the investment industry
- Strong investment knowledge and awareness, possibly obtained through pursuit/achievement of IMC, CFA, or Securities Institute qualifications
- Good understanding of the asset management and pension industries
- Familiarity with trading procedures of pooled funds and mainstream investment markets. Familiarity with the characteristics and pricing of major asset classes and FX
- Good working practices to deliver timely, accurate, efficient and well-communicated solutions, sometimes at short notice
- Team-player, strong project management skills, with the ability to fit seamlessly into wider group of associates all focused on delivering work of exceptional quality
- IT and Microsoft Office skills.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.