- Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Sopra Banking
- 23 May 19
Sopra Banking Software is a banking and specialist finance software vendor, and a major global digital player. We have been supporting banks and financial institutions for almost 50 years. With in-depth knowledge of the banking industry, banking customers, and innovative technologies. The triple focus allows us to build powerful and agile software solutions and to implement them through value -added use cases.
We are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce where all our people can be themselves and success on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a consumer credit check and DBS check If you have any concerns about this please raise them with the recruitment team.
Sopra Banking Software is recruiting for a Business Analyst to join our successful team operating out of our new Sheffield or London offices. As a Business Analyst you will provide expert knowledge and insights into current account systems with the responsibility to liaise and communicate clearly with our UK clients, to understand their business needs and ensure Sopra Banking Software are able to provide a solution to meet our clients' requirements.
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst who is a highly motivated, capable of working unsupervised or as part of a collaborative development team.
Ideally the candidate would be someone who has specialised in current accounts and worked within the retail banking industry in a Business Analysis role. Key to this role would be the ability to agree functional and technical requirements with customers and to translate these requirements into specifications of changes to a core product. This role also requires good knowledge/understanding of the banking market and current accounts. Experience of doing this in Agile or incremental way would be beneficial.
Main Features of the Role
Excellent communication skills
- To confidently discuss requirements, solutions, issues with the development team, end users and other stakeholders
- To identify, capture and document high quality requirements that can be used by the development team
- To resolve, clarify and evaluate requirements, issues and risks on behalf of the development team by communicating with end users or other stakeholders
- To present requirements, designs and developed solutions to end users and other stakeholders through workshops and showcases
- To provide varying levels of support to customers requiring assistance and domain knowledge
- To identify, escalate and resolve business issues and project risks that occur during development.
- To provide domain knowledge and respond to queries from the development team
- To adhere to and to apply defined processes and standards throughout development but particularly relating to requirements capture
- To take ownership of components within a development project and co-ordinate how the development progresses (from requirements capture through to testing) within a small development team
- Minimum 5 years of experience in retail banking (especially in current accounts, including cards)
- Business analyst: 1 or 2 years of experience
- Experience in Agile delivery
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme, an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, health cash plan, flexible working where possible, plus many more excellent benefits.