Senior Solution Architect
- Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Sopra Banking
- 25 May 19
Senior Solution Architect
Sopra Banking Software is a banking and specialist finance software vendor, and a major global digital player. We have been supporting banks and financial institutions for almost 50 years. With in-depth knowledge of the banking industry, banking customers, and innovative technologies. The triple focus allows us to build powerful and agile software solutions and to implement them through value -added use cases.
We are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce where all our people can be themselves and success on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a consumer credit check and DBS check If you have any concerns about this please raise them with the recruitment team.
Sopra Banking Software is currently seeking a Senior Solution Architect to join our professional services team, dedicated to our Tier 1 banking customers, this role forms an integral part of Sopra Banking Software's professional services offering. The Senior Solution Architect will work with customers UK wide and therefore flexibility in travel from site to site is essential. You should also be an excellent communicator, comfortable in a customer and key stakeholder facing role, and have experience of large scale projects ideally within the financial services sector.
The Senior Solution Architect is a pivotal link between the Research and Development teams and the professional services offering to key UK retail banking customers.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Consult with senior managers to gather requirements and analyse technical opportunities.
- Take into account operational and infrastructure requirements in the solution.
- Maintain an Architecture vision
- Present technical ideas to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the project processes through architectural documentation.
- Work with the development teams on transversally coherent architectural solutions.
- Review application design with developers.
- Research and prototype new technologies.
Required skills and experience:
- Solution design and architecture
- Cloud computing and distributed systems
- Java software background
Beneficial skills and experience we can provide training in are:
- Fintech sector experience
- Knowledge of banking systems
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme, an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, health cash plan, flexible working where possible, plus many more excellent benefits.