Business Analyst II
Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators.
Work closely with cross-functional business, IT and vendor teams to ensure delivery of the right-sized solutions to meet current, future and long-term needs in support of SVB's Network Services Platforms. Responsible for end-to-end health and maintenance of documentation and process workflow, working closely with stakeholders to understand new capabilities and future roadmaps while working with the team to help illustrate roadmaps and architectural diagrams. Support Management with preparing reports, presentations, and gathering data to support upcoming and ongoing initiatives. Work closely with other team members to analyze data and aid in facilitating the decision making process.
Serve as a liaison with the business owners to facilitate the elicitation and prioritization of business/functional requirements including but not limited to user interface specifications and report design specifications. Act as a senior consultant to the business, striving to meet their business and compliance objectives with innovative, cost effective and efficient solutions, leveraging existing infrastructure and capabilities whenever possible. Primary Responsibilities:
- Work with Network Services Personnel and systems to ensure maintenance and patching is current
- Analyze and translate complex business requirements into a functional system design document. Technology and system related analysis using knowledge of current applications, interfaces and data structures to recommend solutions and provide input.
- Configure systems and develop expertise in system functionality and design.
- Understand points of interaction and impact on other systems across the enterprise.
- Understand client needs and pain points; recommend enhancements to existing systems.
- Provide support for system production issues and maintain documentation. Able to direct, with authority, remote team members to quickly resolve business critical production incidents successfully.
- Assist in developing and executing test scripts.
- Perform and/or participate in testing systems prior to installing in production
- Assist in developing training materials for system functionality.
- Assist with performing applications changes and configurations.
- Manage the installation of maintenance/patches and software upgrades.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to new systems analysts, when requested.
- Oversee proactive maintenance on our existing systems.
- Drive departmental best practices, guidelines implementation and adhere to standards.
- Deep love of building elegant, maintainable, well-documented, secure solutions.
- Drive to learn new things and go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Always working to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you.
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of technical audiences.
- 3+ years experience doing analytical work.
- "Can do" positive attitude.
- Ability to effectively communicate and drive initiatives remotely.
- 3+ years experience creating enterprise level documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically.
- In-depth understanding and expertise in working with Powerpoint, Visio, and other documentation tools.
- Experience in placing and tracking orders is a plus.
- Experience with administrating network equipment is a plus.