Director - Quality Engineering COE
Quality Engineering COE Leader Responsibilities
Qualifications Required Skills
- Build & Lead a team of quality engineers to set & run Quality Engineering strategy, tooling, frameworks, governance & best practices
- Drive architecting, Implementing and Enhancing a robust and Automated testing process to support an agile continuous development/deployment environment.
- Sustained focus on bringing automated testing of scalability, reliability, availability, security & performance as part of SDLC and automation tooling to support these
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries and frameworks to constantly challenge continuous Integration.
- Lead Multidimensional QE education program for the organization. Lead QE knowledge sharing and learning initiatives
- Be responsible for the creation & adoption of reusable frameworks & tooling required for quality engineering
- Establish standard methodologies, processes (repeatable) and tooling for quality engineering in cloud & for on-premises systems
- Review existing quality processes and governance standards and adapt them for cloud services.
- Work with Engineering, Enterprise and Solutions architecture, other multi-functional teams and understand the existing technology, applications stack, systems, integrations and continuously analyze quality engineering maturity level of the organization.
- Measure and analyze the KPIs to understand the value delivered by the quality engineering both to individuals and to the organization. Enable the seamless tracking and reporting of key quality metrics for measuring progress made in the strengthening of the teams quality footprint across all products.
- Coach and mentor cross-functional scrum teams in automated testing and CI/CD
- Initiate culture change that increases awareness and accountability for quality across the technology division
Experimentation-driven: able to learn from failures and iterate quickly Ambitious: not afraid to challenge the status quo Result-oriented: can take an idea from its ideation phase to successful implementation Able to influence: can scale his/her skills through others. 10+ years of experience in automating & testing complex technology systems 5+ years Software QA Automation experience on web and mobile platforms- API automation, app automation, Web automation. 3+ years Software QA Automation experience on big data platforms Experience working with AWS Knowledge and experience with various deployment methods including AMIs, Docker, serverless, blue/green, and canaries Extraordinary communication & presentation skills. Ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms for all levels of organization Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent experience Experience running a distributed team Your heart at the right place, good sense of humor, live our values, and ability to form connections with the people you work with