Vice President, Restructuring
Our professionalsbalance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliversolid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As anorganization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, andwe encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place onour team, youll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment thatempowers you to excel. If youre ready to share your perspective with theworld, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelpsdifference.
Our Restructuring andSpecial Situations Investment Banking practice is a dedicated team of seasoned restructuringindustry professionals that provide M&A advisory, capital raising, and debtand equity restructuring services to distressed companies and their keystakeholders. Our restructuring team leveragesthe full capabilities of Duff & Phelps global platform, including its industry-leadingvaluation, diligence, opinions, operational improvement/crisis management, andlitigation consulting practices, as well as its dedicated industry verticals. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for day-to-dayexecution of restructuring and special situation investment bankingtransactions, including support of Managing Directors; significant interactionwith client, other stakeholders, and professionals; and supervision of juniorprofessionals.
- Support businessdevelopment activities of senior professionals as well as develop personal,long-term practice and business development plan.
- Apply business,accounting, finance and analytical skills to various client situations andpractice disciplines (e.g., financial modeling, ratio and comparable companyanalysis, review/analysis of financial statements and projections, assessingbusiness plans, claims, conducting due diligence on balance sheet and profitand loss statement items, etc.).
- Prepare complex cashflow projections and worksheets to model business processes and/or actual orhypothetical transactions.
- Work to ensure a qualityproduct, as well as delivery of all work within established time frames.
- Prepare draft writtenanalyses and other reports for third parties, as necessary, on the projectscope, findings and/or results of activities.
- Prepare presentationsand quantitative exhibits for third parties, as necessary, on the projectscope, findings and/or results of activities.
- Conduct research andorganize information to facilitate effective data access and analysis.
- Maintain professionalimage within the company and project same to those outside the company.
- Actively support thebusiness development activities for the firm, including attendance at seminars,conferences and firm events.
- Experience executingrestructuring and special situation investment banking transactions, including M&Aadvisory (in and out of bankruptcy), capital raising to fund turnarounds andbankruptcy reorganizations, and balance sheet restructurings.
- Experience supportingsenior professionals in business development activities, including new businessidea generation, preparation of marketing and pitch materials, participating innew business pitches.
- Experience withInternet-based financial research resources for corporate information, SECfilings, competitive data, etc.
- General knowledge ofcorporate finance and accounting principles and terminology.
- Acumen of the corporatebankruptcy procedures (and knowledge of bankruptcy law and filing rules aplus.).
- Expertise in the area ofaccounting, forensic investigations, bankruptcy/restructuring, and cross borderprojects.
- Solid project managementskills and experience in managing medium sized to large assignments managing 3+ Associates.
- Strong academicbackground, including a minimum of a bachelor's degree and U.S. (or globallyrecognized)
- Exceptionalcommunication (written and verbal), mathematical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to workindependently in fast-paced, multi-task environment; willingness to learn and developnew skills.
- Strong IT skills,preferably including Microsoft Office Suite as well as proficiency inmanagement information and database systems.
- Well-developed practicemanagement skills.
- Strong sense of businessdevelopment and well-developed analytical skills.
- Solid interpersonalskills.
- Flexibility with respectto assigned tasks and engagements due to changing deadlines, changingdeliverables and evolving task priorities.
In order to beconsidered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply viacareers.duffandphelps.jobs Primary Location: Work Locations:
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities inemployment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender,gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexualorientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Los Angeles (0405) 10100 Santa Monica Blvd., 11th Floor Los Angeles, 90067 Organization:
Full-time Job Posting:
Jun 19, 2020