Manager, Administrative Assistant Support Services
Requisition #: 48790
Practice Area: Business Support Services
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Administrative Services to join our Integrated Office Network organization.
- Accountable for managing the executive assistant job family (which may include other performance managers) and related activities for an office, or multiple offices if remote management is required
- Provide subject matter knowledge on administrative related matters and works to create operational effectiveness and efficiencies in providing administrative support services
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Executive Assistants, Engagement Partners, Directors, Senior Managers, Managers and other internal clients of KPMG
- Exercise discretion when dealing with privileged, personal or confidential topics and being viewed as a resource and key business advisor on matters related to administrative support
- Implement regional and national programs/initiatives and for working collaboratively with administrative networks and other Integrated Office Network (ION) teams as necessary to improve service delivery for the Administrative Support teams
- Lead and embrace change while providing input to leadership and direction to the formulation of long and short term goals impacting Executive Assistants; manage multiple tasks which require interpretation and independent judgment to ensure appropriate application
- Minimum five years of business, management, and/or supervisory experience; knowledge of managing executive assistants in a partnership environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Excellent managerial and leadership experience in a team environment; responsive approach to needs, questions or problems encountered on a daily basis
- Strong problem solver with the ability to develop creative, innovative solutions to complex problems; excellent organization skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.