Assistant Allocation Vice President/Project Manager
Assistant Vice President, Expense Allocation Project Manager Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Assistant-Vice-President--Expense-Allocation-Project-Manager_2020-157-4/apply
The Assistant Vice President, Expense Allocation Group will be responsible for the management and oversight of business processes and governance for fund expense allocation, and assist with the administration of the Expense Allocation Group within the Fund Accounting department. This position will be responsible for the oversight of time tracking and internal cost allocation policies and procedures, including the proprietary time tracking system. This role will also be responsible for the oversight of third party fund expense allocation policies and procedures, including allocation methodology, software system, and billing process. He or she will identify and implement best practices consulting with internal legal, compliance, internal audit, internal controls, and external auditors and consultants.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Prepare data, provide analysis and propose recommendations in support of business goals and objectives, including presenting to the Expense Allocation Governance Committee (EAGC), updates to the EAGC and expense disclosures in fund governing documents.
- Prepare and update business processes, flowcharts and related documentation on a regular basis to support fund expense allocation governance and internal control requirements.
- Provide regular communications and answer questions regarding fund expense allocation guidelines and processes.
- Ad hoc projects relating to the management of fund expense allocation guidelines and processes, and cash and bank account management.
- An appreciation for the importance of accurate allocation of expenses between the different funds.
- Ensuring the appropriate follow up, approvals and documentation for expenses treated as exceptions to the allocation guidelines.
- Identify opportunities for system design, process improvements as well as new technology implementation.
- Ensure adherence to SOX and internal control standards by documenting and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in project management
- Experience managing a team.
- Extensive knowledge of control policies and procedures.
- An interest in building and refining detailed operating processes.
- Exposure to accounts payable or expense allocation processes desirable but not necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel as well as other financial applications.
- Relationship Building; works effectively with strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives, talents, and backgrounds. He or she is known for doing what is best irrespective of politics and is comfortable with consensus building (at multiple levels) and soliciting constructive feedback; ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of participants including upper management, clients, other departments, and 3rd party providers.
- Communication; strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; ability to present complex material.
- Independence & Collaboration; experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; must be able to drive work effectively with limited supervision (at times) while representing department and executive management interests and concerns.
- Work Ethic; focus on continual development, performance, accountability and self-motivation.
- Flexibility & Organization; adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
- Intellectual Curiosity; energized by learning new things and engaging across a wide range of issues; must have strong problem solving skills; adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products; displays a technical aptitude that lends itself to learning and mastering new technologies.
- Driving Results; sets aggressive timelines and objectives to drive results, conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure; is a self-starter committed to achieving results and has a strong sense of ownership and follow-through.
- Judgment; makes recommendations and decisions that balance a variety of factors.
Bachelors degree required.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull time2020-157
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.