Assistant Global Vice President, Credit,Accounting
Assistant Vice President, Global Credit Fund Accounting Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Assistant-Vice-President--Global-Credit-Fund-Accounting_2020-213-5/apply
The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for maintaining the books and records for various private partnerships and separately managed accounts, as well as providing oversight for offshore accounting teams.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring funds are being accounted for pursuant to the governing fund documents.
- Providing oversight and training to our offshore accounting team in preparing and maintaining the books and records of limited partnerships and/or separate accounts;
- Reviewing and resolving daily cash and asset reconciliation breaks.
- Recording and reconciling of hedging activity and ensuring investments are properly hedged.
- Reviewing and approving the postings of complex corporate actions;
- Estimating and posting of monthly closing accruals;
- Calculating of income and expense allocations to each partner, including updating of distribution waterfall based on the terms of the governing documents;
- Determining and preparing distributions and draw-downs;
- Preparing of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to clients;
- Analyzing and calculating of performance metrics for partnerships/accounts as well as for each investment;
- Coordinating with funds independent auditors, custodians, prime brokers and fund administrators;
- Participating in projects as needed.
- Minimum 10 years experience with a mix of public and private accounting. At least 5 years experience within the financial services industry, preferably within the investment management industry required;
- Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis;
- Excellent understanding of accounting and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules;
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word; and
- Proficiency in SS&C Geneva highly desirable.
- Relationship Building; works effectively with strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives, talents, and backgrounds. Ability to elicit cooperation from and gain the confidence of a wide variety of participants including other departments and third-party service providers.
- Communication; excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Independence & Collaboration; proficient at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; able to drive work effectively with limited supervision (at times) with high attention-to-detail.
- Flexibility & Organization; adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing demands; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Driving Results; drives issues to closure; is a self-starter committed to achieving results and has a strong sense of ownership and follow-through.
Bachelors degree required, preferable in Accounting. CPA is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull time2020-213
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.