Assistant Vice President, Development
Assistant Vice President, Talent and Development Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Assistant-Vice-President--Talent-and-Development_2020-201-1/apply
Based in downtown Los Angeles, the Talent and Development AVP provides strategic and project management support to global initiatives in leadership, diversity and inclusion, professional/team development, performance management, orientation and onboarding, employee engagement, and recognition.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates on design, development, enhancement and facilitation of global T&D initiatives;
- Partners with Head of T&D and HRBPs to conduct training/development needs analysis on T&D opportunities for Oaktree business units;
- Researches T&D trends and best practices and suggests business solutions;
- Generates reports and analyzes data to inform talent strategy; and
- Collaborates in the design and implementation of the employee engagement survey.
Performance / Talent Management
- Partners with the Head of T&D to manage the full-cycle performance review and goal setting process;
- Partners with the Head of T&D in the development and execution of high potential and succession programs;
- Participates in the development and management of firm-wide promotion guidelines;
- Manages the performance/talent management Workday system;
- Oversees the mentoring program;
- Collaborates with Talent Acquisition on Internship Program; and
- Collaborates with HRBPs on department offsite meeting support.
- Collaborates with Head of T&D on strategic direction for training;
- Develops Oaktree University curriculum;
- Assists in the design and implements eLearning strategy;
- Oversees global harassment training and annual U.S. policy certification;
- Assists in facilitation of T&D Lunch & Learns and training;
- Oversees tuition assistance policy and process;
- Oversees professional development program;
- Creates annual training calendars for all T&D / Oaktree University training;
- Researches training programs and potential trainer relationships; and
- Manages training enrollment and participation.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Partners with the Head of T&D and Diversity Council Co-Leads on diversity strategy, workstream activities, training and administration; and
- Manages the Diversity Council roster, calendar and presentations.
Onboarding / Orientation
- Partners with Compliance and HR Services to ensure compliance with the onboarding portal system;
- Develops and monitors new hire onboarding surveys and analysis;
- Manages new-hire and service anniversary events;
- Manages weekly orientation in the L.A. office and ensures consistency with other locations; and
- Creates and enhances comprehensive first-day orientation materials.
- Tracks and schedules all HR department communications;
- Partners with HR department head on review of HR communications;
- Partners with Corporate Communications on HR communications schedule; and
- Coordinates Oaktree Routes CEO JBlogs with Corporate Communications.
Project Management / Administration
- Project manages all T&D programs and initiatives via Smartsheet;
- Manages T&D budget and monthly budget reconciliation;
- Ensures system compliance with SOX policies and the annual review with auditors; and
- Writes and updates standard operating procedures for T&D processes.
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years relevant HR experience with a professional firm;
- Presentation and facilitation experience;
- Talent and training program content development experience;
- Workday experience strongly preferred;
- Experience with Microsoft Project and Smartsheet;
- Proven ability to manage tasks with competing priorities and deadlines, independently determining order of priority and self-initiating other value-added tasks; and
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong initiative and a self-starter with a proven ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Outstanding organizational skills with a strong attention-to-detail;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Works well under pressure and with time constraints;
- Flexible and team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism; and
- Able to handle confidential situations with professionalism and tact.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted YesterdayFull time2020-201
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.