Senior User Researcher Palo Alto, CA Design Full-time Why were searching for a senior user researcher.
At Wealthfront, were on a mission to design and build products that help democratize access to sophisticated financial tools. Achieving this monumental mission requires us to deeply understand our current and future clients, as they plan for their most important financial life goals, save, and invest with us. Financial technology involves some of the most complex research questions in our field, pertaining to areas like trust, motivation, and complex decision making processes. This is why were looking for an incredible researcher to join us! What do we offer you?
As a Senior User Researcher at Wealthfront, youll be joining our Design team, reporting to our Director of User Research. Youll immediately take on meaningful, strategic research projects that will have a lasting impact on our business and our users experience. Youll collaborate cross-functionally with best-in-class product managers, designers, content strategists and more, and own the entire research process from ideation to the delivery of insights to the team and our executives. If you join us, you will:
Lead the research process, planning, executing, analyzing, and communicating mixed-methods research studies across Wealthfronts products and the entire client journey. Collaborate on full-stack research, including gathering foundational and strategy-guiding insights all the way to very tactical usability research with cross-functional teammates from design, product, and engineering. Analyze data and convey insights in clear, illustrative ways that help the product team learn about our current and potential clients, inspire product strategy, and encourage design iteration. Combine quantitative and qualitative data to determine the success of features during pilots, tests, and post-launch. Participate in design workshops, critiques and meetings by sharing and receiving constructive feedback and growing as a researcher. Learn tons more about financial technology, investing, and so much more! Relevant experience and mindset wed like to see:
- You have a graduate degree in Anthropology, Behavioral Economics, Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, Sociology, (or similar)
- 3+ years of industry experience in UX research roles
- You have a strong desire to always be learnin new things
- Youre driven by a passion to build user-focused products that solve important problems
- You have deep knowledge and plenty of practical experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methods.
- Youre experienced in running complex, end-to-end research projects that help define best practices, fill in the gaps in research knowledge and drive initiatives forward.
- Youre able to communicate effectively and in a compelling way
- Youre able to quickly tailor and design effective, appropriate research approaches within constraints
- You have a collaborative mindset, with experience working across disciplines and with multiple stakeholders Bonus points:
- Self-directed towards excellent outcomes
- A passion for financial technology, financial planning, and investing
- A desire to help develop excellence in UX research, push the team into new territories, and empower the entire organization to understand their users better than ever before
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. About
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the banking space in a big way this year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate 23x greater than the national average. Weve been overwhelmed by the response and have grown nearly 100% this year already to manage nearly $20 billion in total client assets. Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, well be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.