WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY
Would you like to be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades? In Financial Services, consumer expectations are rising, and technological advances are enabling amazing customer experiences and new businesses not possible before. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has re-shaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services.
At Santanders () Growth Ventures we are investing in people and their innovative ideas to create prosperity for people, small businesses, and society. Our New Ventures Intrapreneurs are innovators who have previously founded startups and are hungry to try again as part of our startup teams at Santander. We spend our time with customers to solve big and important problems, iteratively co-creating with others for a better future. Our teams are located in co-working spaces in Europe, Latin America, and North America.
We are looking for a New Ventures Intrapreneur to join our office in London. Reporting to the EVP Global Head of Growth Ventures you will be a part of our internal startup teams.Your focus is to start early-stage from scratch experiments and venture building.If the initiatives are successful, you will build, test and scale that effort to a product to test in the market and turn it into a successful business.
You will join a company with a global culture that encompasses our purpose, our aim and our way of working. It is the cornerstone of our company a responsible bank, built on a culture of respect, where everyone supports each other to keep their promises and go above - and - beyond - every day.
- Our purpose: to help people and businesses prosper
- Our aim: to be the best financial services platform, by acting responsibly and earning the lasting loyalty of our people, customers, shareholders and communities
- Our how: everything we do should be Simple, Personal and Fair
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a New Venture Intrapreneur, you will identify ideas to explore, test and build and co-create new businesses. This role demands real passion for the customer, great technical depth, principled thinking, well-honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar and a mentality of starting with the customer first and working backwards. You are co-founding new solutions to real customer needs with the financial support and resource backing from Santander. Going more granular, we need someone like you to:
- Develop a great understanding of consumer and small business needs. Listen to potential customers and observe behavior to gain insights pain points and needs we could solve. Keep customer needs top of mind
- Utilize customer and research data driven approach while driving experiments.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking - collect whatever data is necessary to inform direction.
- Evangelize and sell your ideas to Growth Ventures board to get funding for your venture.
- With your co-founders, set up the startup team to build, test, and launch your idea into market.
- Look at new and creative ways to create value for other through robust B2B and B2C models. Build, test and succeed in prototyping to test in a market.If products fail, repeat process until a new venture is successful in the market.
- Serve as a coach to broader Santander employee base looking to innovate in everyday work and in our core businesses.
- Enhance the Santander Innovation Framework and associated templates based on project experiences.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Welcome to #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees.
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field
- Global stability - Work for a solid global organization that has successfully reinvented itself many times in its 160-year history.
Banco Santander (www.santander.com) is the largest bank in the euro zone with a market capitalization of 66,253 million as of 30 June 2019. It has a strong and focused presence in ten core markets across Europe and the Americas with 4+ million shareholders and 200,000 employees serving 144 million customers within 6.3 million communities.The Group generated an attributable profit of EUR 7,810 million, with an underlying profit (before capital gains and provisions) of EUR 8,064 million. Some key aspects of the Groups strategy are as follows:
A business model through which the Banks more than 100,000 professionals are in daily contact with our customers, via an extensive branch network and a unique relationship model, tailored to meet the different needs.
A commitment to geographic diversification, which is balanced between mature and developing markets and has proved to be vital in generating recurring and foreseeable results.
- A leadership position in most of the countries where we operate, enabling us to capture economies of scale and be the benchmark in the main markets
Santander is proud of being an organization where there are equal opportunities regardless of race, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, civil status, disability, nationality or gender identity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR (Required)
- Experience with Lean Experimentation, Design Thinking, User-Centered Design, Rapid Prototyping, or similar techniques.
- Demonstrate understanding of various research methodologies, including time and cost, number of respondents / scopes of research, and apply appropriate research methodology given the partner and the project needs.
- Ability to think conceptually, creatively and without precedents in order to continually develop functional area.
- Fast-thinking, nimble, adaptable and thrive in a fast-moving environment - always open to new ideas with the ability to recognize the business value of ideas.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be masters in the art of persuasion to strategically get your point across.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail; ability to ideate and innovate, can evangelize product vision utilizing customer research and data analysis.
- A driver - you don't hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE (Preferred)
- Built or led early stage start-up finding product/market fit.
- Formal Innovation training through academic or on-the-job programs.
- Financial Services or FinTech experience.
- Experience working with customers and managing distributed teams and projects on a global scale.
- Exceptional project management skills; ability to plan, set and manage to reasonable timelines while delivering projects that align to the business strategy.
- Experience with cloud and scaled solutions, managing continuous releases cycles, A/B tests and leading in a mobile first culture.
- Language proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, and/or English.Job : TWA Primary Location : California-Palo Alto-169 University Avenue - SGT01 - CA-University Avenue Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Feb 7, 2020, 9:52:50 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOShare Job Work in Palo Alto
Check out where you could be working if you apply
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
You currently have no jobs saved.Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Email AddressSelect Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAnalytics/Decision ScienceAnalytics/ReportingAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness Control OfficeBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsChrysler Capital SalesCollectionsCollege/InternshipsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementDevelopmentFinanceFraud ManagementHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegalLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsOperations StrategyOperations SupportOriginationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementQuality ControlRiskRisk ManagementSalesSantander Bank or NYB/SIS EmployeesSC SalesTWAUnderwriting