Product Marketing Manager
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Product Marketing Manager - Temporary Role Job Locations US-CA-Rancho Cucamonga
Req No. 2020-6441
CO-OP Financial Services is bringing digital transformation to the credit union movement. We’re creating innovative technology solutions that help not-for-profit credit unions best serve their members and compete with the big banks. As a result, our world-class team is growing faster than ever! If you’re passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of human-centered financial services.
We are seeking a talented Product Marketing Manager to be responsible for the product marketing roadmap and plans, execution throughout the product lifecycle and supporting the business development and sales team with go-to-market strategy/tactical delivery components ensuring revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Develop, direct and deliver cut-through marketing strategies to position new and legacy products, leverage brand, drive continued account growth and ancillary product sales while increasing consumer-level member adoption rates. Develop fully integrated communications programs, public relations, media relations, social media, advertising, collateral, direct marketing and digital marketing.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Act as a marketing liaison and strategist with the Product Development and Business Development departments.
- Develop annual marketing strategies related to new product goals to drive sales goals.
- Analyze market need and competitive context in collaboration with Product and Sales. Construct positioning based on structured analysis incorporating credit unions needs/pain points. Provide competitor insights into the marketplace and the overall positioning of CO-OP’s product set.
- Develop individual marketing plans by product and/or product line or launch including positioning and tactical plans for all phases of the marketing/sales funnel awareness, education, nurture, selection and on-boarding. Plans include positioning, background research, target audience/segments, messaging, announcement components, sales support, lead generation plans, consumer adoption components.
- Document and communicate recommendations to agencies, Marketing teams, Product teams and Sales teams.
- Lead implementation of all tactical components of launch, using internal and external (agency) resources.
- Manage budget spending and oversight related to assigned product lines.
- Direct and mentor junior marketing staff through product marketing campaigns.
- Oversee assigned product marketing activity to ensure consistent messaging, branding and product positioning.
- Support the development of differentiated product propositions and offers.
- Maintain an overview of campaign performance. Collect campaign results and learnings and communicate to key stakeholders.
- Maintain and have a working knowledge of key competitor activity and key differentiators.
- Provide recommendations and strategies for new product development priorities and market specifications based on R&D and industry research.
- Communicate product related updates and modifications to sales organization and corporate partners on a frequent basis.
- Develop and recommend ongoing promotional programs to drive sales through all channels
- Serve as product/market expert for marketing team as related to technology, product positioning, competitive information and product performance.
- Work with Strategic Relationship Management (SRM) team to collect and assess the "voice of the customer" perspective, competitive data and emerging technology trends in support of new product development, product enhancements and competitive positioning.
- Manage marketing relationships with key product partner companies.
- Provides information on product operation/specifications/applications and competitive advantages as requested. Develops the marketing plan including the following: plans and executes ‘Go-to-Market’ strategies, value proposition articulation & development, establishes marketing mix, manages marketing budget, measures marketing impact and ROI, oversees new product launch and legacy product planning and channel readiness.
- Participates in business management activities related to product marketing including business and product planning and forecasting. Prepares market and competitive intelligence and analysis. Creates market share analysis and competitive tracking and positioning.
- Communicate product strategy and evangelize to channel partners and buyers, the Press, end customers and internal stakeholders. Plan and present product launches, public relations strategy and customer/partner engagement plans.
- Participate in market, competitive and customer analysis and strategy development. Identify customer needs. Provide feedback and input on product development.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What Youll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or related field plus six years of demonstrated product marketing experience, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in driving revenue, managing a product launches and campaigns, campaign creation and execution.
- Financial and/or technology industry background a plus.
- Agency and/or start-up experience helpful.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility as a product expert and add critical business value.
- Ability to show leadership in driving the credit union business forward.
- To be a team player demonstrating cooperation in the way the business is done.
- Objectively look at current ways of doing business and implement change.
- Forecasting Accuracy- Forecasting/production planning to hit agreed forecasting metrics.
- Strong business acumen: accurate, insightful & timely.
- Agency Management: drive agencies & vendor partners to do their best work.
- Ability to learn new, complex and dynamic product and industry environment.
- Ability to manage and influence colleagues, peers and executives regardless of reporting structure.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP’s commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits – Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Software Powered by iCIMS